Job DescriptionRTI International•s International Development Group seeks experienced and dynamic individuals to manage multi-faceted project management activities related to the entire lifecycle of learning for USAID-funded Contracts.
The Task Order Manager will ensure the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of task order deliverables, ensuring consistency with strategy, commitments, and goals. The individual will oversee the design, development, delivery and evaluation of learning activities and events.
Provides task order technical, administrative, and financial management direction. Responsible for ensuring that the TO is implemented in accordance with IQC and federal regulations; provides leadership and direction and defines and implements activities to achieve the greatest coverage and impact possible.
The position will report to the Director for Integrated Learning Solutions.
• Manage instructor-led and eLearning activities from design to implementation, including hiring and managing consultants and staff members, forecasting, planning, managing and tracking budgets, developing and writing project plans, and executing deliverables;
• Collaborate with peers and clients to develop training development strategies and design training, including identifying appropriate content and sequencing for courses and modules;
• Works with subject-matter experts to develop learning programs/strategies;
• Design and develop instructional/educational courses and performance support tools in adherence with any provided documentation standards;
• Review products for completeness, compliance with standards and consistency with design plans;
• Facilitate and/or participate in train-the-trainer, pilot sessions, and course overviews, as necessary;
• Oversee training evaluation strategies;
• Attend client meetings and help present information on content and development;
• Support the development of internal RTI business proposals designed to grow training business;
• Contribute to project growth by seeking opportunities to expand existing work;
• Provide input to business development team regarding potential opportunities associated with assigned clients.
• Coordinate with the Logistics Team to ensure identified staff/consultants are mobilized.
• Direct Task Order team and monitor progress of efforts and deliverables.
• Coordinate duties between contractor personnel and Task Order team.
• Provide subject matter expertise based on first-hand experience in USAID programs and contracting.
• Support recruitment and review of potential trainers/consultants and conduct observations of individual instructors/facilitators to ensure quality.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor•s degree with 12 years of experience or Master•s degree with 9 years of experience required in Instructional System Design, Education or other related field.
• At least five (5) years• experience as a successful management of the design and delivery of innovative learning projects. Experience with U.S. government contracting • in particular, USAID • is preferred.
• Experience in instructional design with a focus on blended learning.
• Experience and expertise in project management and either curriculum development or learning and development.
• Demonstrated technical leadership and operational experience in overseeing all aspects of this scope of work.
• Experience managing similar, global training programs with time-sensitive deliverables.
• Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk management, and change management.
• Consulting experience in a professional services environment strongly preferred
• PM certification or equivalent preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledgeable in application of adult learning theories and leading-edge instructional design methods.
• Knowledge of 508 compliance and SCORM requirements preferred.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills that build relationships at all levels across the organization with a high capacity for influence, collaboration, and consensus.
• Working knowledge of the federal government•s training practices and issues related to learning management required.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience managing large documents and multiple files required.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; meet deadlines and multitask.
• Attention to detail; ability to manage timelines; flexibility and responsiveness.
• Fluency in English.
• Ability to receive government clearance. Individuals with active USG security clearance will be preferred.
About the OrganizationIDG Learning, Energy & Environment for Development