Task Order Manager
CTP is seeking an experienced senior program manager for the anticipated USAID Office of Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs, Bureau for Asia, and Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs (OAL) Support Services contract. The Asia, OAPA, and LPA bureaus intend to use core staff employees and workforce surge capacity in the areas of administrative/information management, budget, strategic planning, and communications. This support staff is needed for program design, implementation, oversight, monitoring and evaluation for these bureaus in the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) located in Washington, D.C., with possible work sites overseas.
This position is contingent upon contract award at this time.
- Overall administration of the Task Order to include financial management and oversight
- Establish performance management systems
- Provide quality assurance and remediation as required
- Maintain a robust recruitment and retention strategy for all staffing requirements
- Oversee recruitment and hiring of staff who will conduct contract activities, and provide leadership and direction in their implementation
- The Task Order Manager will be the primary POC for the USAID COR for all matters pertaining to the contract.
The ideal applicant must be highly organized and motivated and should bring the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize, coordinate, and balance multiple priorities to serve multiple internal requirements in a collaborative team environment
- Able to handle high stress environments and work efficiently and rapidly under the pressure of constant deadlines
- Experience in managing both the professional/technical and the contractual/administrative aspects of USAID contracts
- Familiarity with USAID Office/Mission program activities to ensure success
- The Task Order Manager must be an upper-level official with at least five to eight years of management experience in one or more of the following fields: personnel/performance management; recruiting and retention; demonstrated management and supervision of staff; and/or experience in setting up management, administrative, and financial systems. SECRET clearance required.
- Experience in recruiting and staffing for USG contracts preferred.
- Experience overseeing multiple staff members in a USG setting
- Experience designing, planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, coordinating, and reporting on activities to ensure they are efficiently and effectively implemented in a manner that achieves the objectives of USAID
- Significant experience and understanding of Bureau for Asia, Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs, and Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs
- Understanding of USAID strategy to include health, education, women’s empowerment, agricultural growth and private sector development, and supporting effective and transparent governance
- Sufficient sector knowledge to assess the qualifications of prospective candidates who will further USAID’s mission
- Excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing, editing, document review, and project management skills.
- Desirable, but not required, is experience managing both bilateral and regional activities
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Educational or Other Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Human Resources, or related field such as Public Administration, Organizational Development, or Industrial Psychology required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience working in a government contracting environment highly desired
United States, DC area with the potential for both domestic and international travel.
Must have active SECRET clearance. Background check clearance required prior to prospective employment.
Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume, inclusive of salary requirements, to HRdirector@ctp-inc.com, subject line “Task Order Manager OAL”.
Candidate applications may be acknowledged but, due to the high volume of submissions, only final candidates will be contacted for future discussions.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background review. This includes, but is not limited to employment, credit and education verifications and criminal records check. All applicants are required to complete the associated paperwork in advance of an interview and writing samples may be requested.
CTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CTP is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
About the OrganizationCommonwealth Trading Partners, Inc.
CTP is a privately held small business based in Alexandria, VA, with offices in Roswell, NM, and Accra, Ghana. We provide partner capacity building, governance and rule of law services for government clients and deliver technical assistance programs in over 80 countries. CTP provides specific solutions or full lifecycle program support, training and mentoring, logistics support, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, strategic planning, program management, and staffing services.