InterMedia has been invited to submit a proposal to undertake Annual Outcome Surveys in eleven countries across Africa for the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) program. As such, InterMedia is recruiting a Team Leader for the Annual Outcome Surveys. The position is contingent upon project award. The Team Leader will report to the Research Director. Responsibilities includes but not limited to, developing survey instruments, developing clear approaches and tools for data collection, coordinate data collection and leading data analysis and the dissemination of comprehensive country-based findings reports, and developing final annual summary reports.
NOTE: Position contingent upon award
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience including Team Leader, Chief of Party, Country Director or roles of equivalent responsibility;
- Master’s degree in agricultural economics/and or research related field, PhD degree highly desirable;
- Expertise in agricultural research, particularly smallholder farming in developing countries;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation for agricultural development programs from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Rockefeller Foundation and USAID Feed the Future;
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively design and implement survey instruments;
- Proven ability and experience in managing internal and external relationships with project teams, donors and collaborators in a positive and productive manner;
- Demonstrated fluency in English, French and/or Portuguese;
- Proven skills in time management and meeting critical deadlines;
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task;
- High and consistent excellence in the crafting of finished, insightful analysis and visualization of data, on schedule;
- Excellent written and presenting skills and a confident communicator with the ability to collaborate with specialists on multi-country, mixed-methodology projects.
We invite qualified candidates to email a cover letter, resume, salary history and links to any relevant work to: PLEAD@intermedia.org or fax to 866-500-4095. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/V/D
About the Organization
InterMedia is a not‐for‐profit global consultancy specializing in strategic research and evaluation. Since 1995, our quantitative research alone has engaged nearly 2 million respondents in more than 100 countries, including many of the world’s most challenging environments. We are based in Washington, D.C., with a field office loacated in Nairobi Kenya.
InterMedia’s research and consulting work spans a broad topical and geographic spectrum, with a focus on providing clients with strategic program guidance and impact evaluation. Key practice areas are: financial inclusion; global health communications; and engaging global publics for conflict resolution, citizen empowerment and advancing democracy. Our clients include international development agencies and philanthropic foundations, media, government agencies engaged in strategic communications and conflict resolution, and commercial firms.