International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Team Lead and Behavior Change Expert
Department/Location: Sierra Leone, Morocco, Côte d’Ivoire
Reports To: Home Office Project Director
Type: Short Term
The MCC HCD practice group seeks a Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) contractor with expertise in using a “doer/non-doer” analysis to undertake the following tasks: MCC partner country-focus (work stream 1) and MCC internal focus (work stream 2). Work stream 1: Partner Country-Focus will consist of the following tasks: Conduct formative research in order to build basis of understanding for tool design and data collection; Develop MCC and sector-specific SBCC tools; refine tools; Data collection, data analysis, and identification of priority behaviors that must change in order for stakeholders to benefit from MCC investments with proposed solution pathways; Conduct due diligence on proposed behavior change interventions designed by the partner country; and iterative technical oversight and evaluation of implementation. Work stream 2: Internal MCC Focus tasks include: Promote an initial understanding within MCC of the fundamental importance of changing critical behaviors among project participants in our Compacts and Threshold programs and the work that will be undertaken to understand, prioritize, recommend, due diligence, and evaluate behavior change interventions; Build internal SBCC capacity and ownership at MCC; Integrate SBCC work into MCC existing Compact/Threshold development and implementation processes ; and create processes and indicators to foster MCC and partner country accountability. Using your technical and subject matter skills, perform assigned tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Please note that this position is for a proposal and is contingent upon award.
Scope of Work:
• The Team Lead and Behavior Change Expert will be the primary interlocutor with MCC and responsible for integrating his/her team’s contributions into a coherent whole;
• Utilize understanding of SBCC, international development, and the MCC model;
• Utilize strong project management and interpersonal skills;
• Utilize deep understanding of doer/non-doer analysis SBCC model;
• Work in tandem with MCC and country counterpart HCD staff and consultants;
• This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients;
• This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product;
• While working on proposals with IBTCI, the consultant is prohibited from working on that same proposal with any other organization.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrate an understanding of SBCC, international development, and the MCC model;
• Possess strong project management and interpersonal skills;
• Possess a deep understanding of a doer/non-doer analysis SBCC model;
• Possess a willingness to work in tandem with MCC and country counterpart HCD staff and consultants;
• Possess at least 10 years of experience in SBCC.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in the SBCC field;
• A minimum of 10 years of experience leading research teams;
• A minimum of 10 years of experience working on international projects;
• Demonstrated project management expertise;
• Expertise in at least one project focus sector (WASH, Education, Land, or Energy);
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Proficiency in French of Arabic strongly preferred.
The Team Lead and Behavior Change Expert must hold a Ph.D. in a Social or Behavioral Science field or other relevant field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: This position may require international travel.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.