Chemonics seeks a Team Lead for the anticipated Department for International Development (DFID) Data, Accountability, Innovation and Research in Education (DAIRE) project in Islamabad, Pakistan. The project has an estimated value of £30M. DAIRE will support strengthening Pakistan’s education data management system at the federal level through collection, analysis and reporting of data, improve learning assessments and establish partnerships for further research and innovation. The DAIRE project is part of a larger DFID Pakistan New Education Portfolio anticipated starting 2020 through 2025 which is projected to also encompass three provincial level programs.
The Team Lead is responsible for implementing DAIRE in compliance with DFID regulations and the project contract terms. The Team Lead will supervise all activities and deliverables under the contract. The Team Lead will provide leadership, strategic planning, management and quality assurance oversight to ensure project success and achievement of performance targets. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide technical leadership and project management and personnel management, ensuring overall quality of the project
- Collaborate with the deputy team lead and technical leads to support implementation in line with the overall project strategy
- Oversee administration and financial management to ensure program implementation aligns with budget allocations, work plan, internal Chemonics policies, and DFID regulations
- Represent the project with DFID, counterparts, government, and other stakeholders, maintaining two-way communication, including with home-office and other relevant organizations
- Oversee annual work planning and establish procedures to measure the project’s progress against the work plan
- Serve as the principal liaison with DFID staff, institutions and host country partners
- Promote technical vision, cohesion and integration
- Minimum of Bachelors degree and 15 years relevant experience required, or alternatively, an advanced degree, preferably in Education Management and/or Public Policy, and a minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing international development programs, including experience managing education sector projects
- Proven expertise in education systems strengthening, preferably at both federal and provincial levels, including education management information systems, education policy reform, advocacy and data analytics for decision making
- Experience developing and engaging with civil society organizations and public-private partnerships in the education sector
- Experience in education policy reform at federal and provincial levels, particularly in relation to post-18th Constitutional Amendment, would be an added advantage
- An understanding of the wider challenges related to Pakistan’s Education sector both at Federal and Provincial levels would be an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience of DFID funded programs strongly preferred
- Experience of working in Pakistan and advanced knowledge of Pakistan’s education sector strongly preferred
- Ability to perform at a high level and apply diplomacy skills with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong leadership, management, communications, and reporting skills
- Strong intercultural skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Urdu preferred
To apply, please submit your application through our portal at https://ChemonicsUK.formstack.com/forms/daire_teamleader by July 31st, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and early applications are strongly encouraged. No telephone inquiries please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.