Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking an experienced Team Lead to be part of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team serving the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), Office of Policy and Education, at the Department of State (DOS). The team will conduct an evaluation of the outcomes of ECA programs in addressing disinformation, as well the contributions ECA programs make in the more complex disinformation landscape. The period of performance for this contract is expected to run from July 2020 through March 2021. The work location for this position will be remote with possible domestic and international field travel. This position is a consultancy and is contingent upon award.
Provide technical support and quality assurance for evaluation and research activities
- Leads the design and implementation of the evaluation, which may have an impact evaluation and performance evaluation component, and provides feedback on evaluation questions;
- Designs and/or oversees the development of a sampling plan, survey instruments, enumerator/subcontractor training guides, and other evaluation materials;
- Oversees quantitative and qualitative data collection, executed in collaboration with other team members;
- Leads quantitative and qualitative analysis of data;
- Produces high-quality deliverables, integrating and interpreting qualitative and quantitative findings;
- Ensures quality control methods in a consistent and transparent manner for all contracted tasks and functions. Ensure compliance with U.S. State Department rules, regulations and policies while meeting evaluation targets;
- Serve as the primary liaison with the client, DOS
Management of evaluation team and stakeholder engagement
- Works closely with all team members and stakeholders to ensure appropriate and adequate monitoring and evaluation efforts are in place to provide all stakeholders with data needed to inform program design and implementation decisions, and to ensure stakeholder buy-in for the evaluation;
- Travels as needed to consult with key stakeholders, conduct or oversee evaluation efforts, and other duties
- Builds capacity of the program team to monitor and evaluate the program according to plan, and provides comments and recommendations for assessments of their activities and best practices;
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 15 years of experience OR a Master’s/JD and a minimum 10 years of experience OR a PhD and a minimum 8 years of experience in a relevant field (Data Analysis, Statistics, Organizational Development, International Development, Public Administration, Public Policy)
- Must have served as a Team Leader in the past (preferably with a USG agency)
- Subject expertise in and/or experience evaluating one or more of the following areas: international/cultural exchange programs, media literacy, complexity aware monitoring.
- Demonstrable experience designing, implementing, conducting, and managing mixed methods data collection and analysis efforts
- Skilled in field data collection, including remote overseas data collection
- Familiarity with DOS ECA’s objectives, approaches, and operations, and familiarity with DOS’ Evaluation Policy highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience supervising and successfully managing evaluation teams, and ensuring the quality of their products
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Professional fluency in English
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.