Making Cents International is recruiting a Team Lead for a regional youth assessment in the Eastern and Southern Caribbean. The assessment will include a desk review and three weeks of fieldwork conducting a youth assessment to investigate the contextual landscape, needs, and assets of Caribbean youth. Recommendations provided to the US Agency for International Development (USAID) will inform the Mission’s Regional Development Cooperation Strategy (RDCS) and youth strategy.
Role of Team Lead
The Team Lead will coordinate and lead the assessment planning and preparations, interviews, team meetings, briefings with the USAID/Mission and Embassy, and writing the assessment report. The Team Lead will oversee the Deputy Team Lead and local youth researchers. He/she will travel with the Assessment Team within the region.
Tasks to be conducted:
- Complete literature review of key background documents on region prior to field research
- Develop the work plan and schedule for field research
- Building upon previous YouthPower work, develop methodologies, protocols, tools, and geographical sampling framework
- Provide training of youth researchers in coordination with Deputy Team Lead
- Lead interviews with stakeholders and key informants and oversee youth focus groups
- Manage research team during assessment activities to ensure data collection and analysis is accurate and complete
- Work with team to compile findings and conduct analysis
- Compile assessment findings and perform preliminary analysis
- Lead in in-briefing and out-briefing meetings with USAID
- Lead the Youth Validation Presentation (virtual), validating findings from field research with a group of local youth
- Write the final report which includes a youth situational analysis and USAID strategic priorities document
- Review, revise, and finalize the reports based on feedback received from USAID in accordance with established deadlines
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field and 12 years of experience; OR Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and 18 years of experience
- At least 10 years of experience in youth development, field research methodologies and cross-sectoral youth assessment.
- English, spoken and written fluency
- Prior experience in the English-Speaking Caribbean, with a preference for St. Lucia and Guyana
- Prior experience leading assessment teams, conducting analyses, and writing reports in English
- Experience in one or more of the relevant sectors: Positive Youth Development, Citizen Security (Youth Crime and Violence Prevention), Economic Growth, Education, Health, Climate resilience, and/or Gender
Proposed Level of Effort:
Maximum level of effort will be 70 days, with 24 days of the LOE taking place during the fieldwork phase of the assessment (including Saturdays). The Team Lead must be available to accompany the Assessment Team at all times during the fieldwork and must work exclusively on the assessment while the Team is in the field.
Fieldwork to be completed by end of June 2020; anticipated May 11 – 29, 2020.
For a complete scope of work and to express interest, send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Organization
Making Cents International is a dynamic social enterprise that has been increasing economic opportunities in developing countries for fifteen years. We are known as a source of high quality technical services, and a thought leader in the economic growth arena. Our technical services and collaborative learning activities consistently improve the ability of target populations - especially youth, women, smallholder farmers, and vulnerable populations - to launch and grow businesses, participate in profitable value chains, access finance, and obtain meaningful work. Our services are based on an appreciation of client assets and market needs, local capacity building, and a desire to achieve greater sustainable results. Our success is grounded on core competencies that focus on innovation, quality, teamwork, communication, leadership, and knowledge management.
Making Cents Corporate site: www.makingcents.com.