Blumont is looking to hire a Team Lead (TL) for the anticipated DFID Pakistan Sindh Education Program. This will be a follow-on project to the Sindh Education Non-State Actors programme (SENSA) and will fund a full cycle of primary education for 53,614 (59% girls, 41% boys) of the poorest children in Sindh. This will make a dramatic difference to the lives of 53,614 of the most marginalized, poorest and disadvantaged children in Sindh. This project will help educate 2.1% of the total number of out-of-school girls in Sindh and provide hope and opportunity for their families and communities.
The TL will likely be located in Karachi with frequent in-country trips. S/he will work closely with Blumont’s Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia. The TL is a senior leadership position and will provide overall strategic direction in the design, management, implementation and quality assurance of the project. S/he will also provide technical assistance. The TL will be Blumont’s primary point of contact with DFID and all relevant stakeholders. S/he will collaborate with the relevant Ministries and other critical partners to provide high-level support for effective capacity building at the local level and sustainability of the project interventions. The TL will oversee a team of experts and support staff, prepare reports and annual operating plans, align project initiatives with in-country priorities, and ensure the program is compliant with DFID and Blumont’s regulations.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership and project management and personnel management, ensuring overall quality of the project
- Collaborate with the deputy team lead and technical leads to support implementation in line with the overall project strategy
- Oversee administration and financial management to ensure program implementation aligns with budget allocations, work plan, internal Blumont policies, and DFID regulations
- Serve as the principal liaison with DFID staff, institutions and host country partners
- Represent the project with DFID, counterparts, government, and other stakeholders, maintaining two-way communication, including with home-office and other relevant organizations
- Oversee annual work planning and establish procedures to measure the project’s progress against the work plan
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Postgraduate degree in education management and/or public policy
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in implementing international development projects in the education sector
- Previous experience as TL for large-scale projects for a minimum of five years
- Experience developing and engaging with civil society organizations and public-private partnerships in the education sector
- Prior experience managing teams in Pakistan is highly preferred
- Expertise devising security plans in fragile states
- Knowledge and experience of DFID funded programs strongly preferred
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills and ability to build strong relationships with host governments’ institutions, local and international NGOs, and donors
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Urdu preferred.
About the Organization
Blumont builds on 20 years of proven experience to forge an enhanced development capability that provides clients with value for their money and delivers results on time, on scope and on budget. We have a diverse client base comprised of over 30 partner and donor organizations including: USAID, UNHCR, DFID, the World Bank, UNDP, US DOS, USDA, and the World Health Organization. Using advanced technology, tools and information resources, we implement highly effective programs in some of the most difficult environments in the world. We deliver innovative, evidence based, locally driven solutions that advance the aspirations of people, communities and donor partners worldwide. Our mission is to collaborate, innovate, and transform.