Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Team Lead to lead and provide gender and social inclusion (GSI) technical support for an upcoming Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Call Order providing GSI due diligence support for a project improving capital investment in Lesotho. The project primarily involves activities in agriculture, irrigation, land, and technical assistance for small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs), with a main focus on women and youth.
This position is remote with some travel required depending on COVID-19 restrictions and is contingent upon contract award.
- Manage the GSI activities included in the Call Order, coordinate the team, provide oversight of all deliverables, and serve as a main point of contact between MCC and the team.
- Manage a team of international and national technical, research, and sector specialists.
- Conduct required secondary data collection (literature review) as needed.
- Conduct required primary data collection remotely or by traveling to Lesotho with a team of national and international GSI experts.
- Provide overall technical support to Banyan Global HQ and MCC GSI staff in integrating GSI in due diligence on SMEs, with a focus on women and youth.
- Conduct necessary background research on potential women and youth-owned SMEs in Lesotho.
- An advanced degree in economics, development, or related field.
- At least 10 years expertise in inclusive growth concepts and approaches.
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing new and innovative frameworks, methodology, and tools to identify and analyze barriers to inclusive growth and the impact of these barriers on the poor, women, and other disadvantaged groups.
- At least 5 years’ experience leading multisectoral teams and working with donors and governments.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in developing countries, especially in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Strong technical research, writing, and management skills.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative data collection skills.
- Previous experience in due diligence, particularly with SMEs, preferred.
- Previous MCC experience preferred.
- Previous work experience in Lesotho preferred.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a women-owned and managed international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC with staff working in several countries across the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, health, finance and investment, enterprise development, youth, and monitoring, evaluation and learning.