Banyan Global is recruiting a long-term, permanent senior gender expert to provide gender and social inclusion (GSI) technical support and manage consultant teams for a Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) call order. The GSI expert will lead the implementation of GSI-related tasks within the Call Order, coordinate the team, provide oversight of deliverables, and serve as a main point of contact between the MCC and the team. The assignments will depend on MCC country selection in future years. This position will be based in our Washington, DC offices with some travel required depending on COVID-19 restrictions.
- Manage the MCC Call Order, coordinate the team, and provide oversight of all deliverables.
- Serve as a main point of contact between MCC and Banyan Global.
- Manage a team of international and national technical, research, and sector specialists.
- Supervise secondary data collection (literature review) and primary data collection remotely or by traveling to the required countries with a team of national and international GSI experts.
- Ensure quality control and timely submission of all MCC GSI deliverables.
- Provide GSI technical support to MCC on an as-needs basis.
- Provide technical support to MCC GSI staff in its Root Cause Analysis of binding constraints.
- Oversee and support production of GSI technical documents as required by MCC.
- At least 10 years expertise in inclusive growth concepts and approaches. Expertise in HRV growth diagnostics is preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing new and innovative frameworks, methodology, and tools to identify and analyze barriers to inclusive growth and the impact of these barriers on the poor, women, and other disadvantaged groups, and their access to productive workforce and entrepreneurship participation.
- Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and collection.
- At least 5 years’ experience leading multisectoral teams and working with donors and governments.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in developing countries, especially in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
- Proven strong leadership and team-work skills and ability to deliver results within specified and often changing timeframes.
- Minimum of an advanced degree, preferably a Ph.D., in economics, development, or related field.
- Previous MCC experience preferred.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.