ACDI/VOCA is recruiting a Team Leader for an agricultural value chain project being implemented in multiple states in northern Nigeria. The project office will be located in either Zaria, Kaduna or Kano, Nigeria. English proficiency is required; Hausa competence is desired. ACDI/VOCA requires 10 years of experience in the implementation and management of agricultural value chain projects. The position is long term (two – three years) and requires travel in northern Nigeria.
The overall task of the Team Leader is to provide continuity and leadership of all project technical and operational activities. In this role, the Team Leader shall:
- Provide overall leadership and technical direction for the program, including leading the strategic planning, implementation and reporting.
- Design, develop and implement strategies and project work plans to improve productivity, strengthen market linkages, and expand access to markets for farmers.
- Ensure ACDI/VOCA meets all deliverables of the highest quality and on time.
- Serve as the principal liaison with program and technical staff, government partners, and private sector value participants and service providers.
- Lead efforts to collect, synthesize and disseminate clear information through technical reports and periodic progress reports.
- Develop professional relationships, and further program goals and objectives.
- Oversee program administration, human resources management, budget pipeline, and finances, ensuring compliance with ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with other project managers, donors, and other indigenous and international NGOs to ensure positive visibility of project activities.
- 10 years of professional management experience, ideally with agricultural value chain projects.
- Profound knowledge of and international work experience in management of agricultural support services
- Experience implementing multi-donor procedures, policies, and reporting requirements.
- Advanced (at least a Masters’) degree from a recognized university in management, agricultural development, agriculture, agricultural economics, economics, business, or other pertinent fields desired.
- Established track record of achieving results within difficult working environments.
- Oral, written, and spoken English fluency required.
- Hausa competency desired
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women, minorities, and local nationals encouraged to apply. EOE.
About the OrganizationACDI/VOCA is a private, nonprofit organization that promotes broad-based economic growth and the development of civil society in emerging democracies and developing countries. Offering a comprehensive range of technical assistance services, ACDI/VOCA addresses the most pressing and intractable development problems.
Driven by the goal of adding value to local enterprise, which underlies prosperity and stability, ACDI/VOCA works in five main practice areas:
* Enterprise Development
* Financial Services
* Community Development
* Food Security
The ACDI/VOCA Difference
ACDI/VOCA has a proven record of development success dating back more than 45 years. This experience coupled with operational integrity, technical expertise and the ability to operate at scale means that clients and partners can always expect positive results from ACDI/VOCA.
ACDI/VOCA is also distinguished by its:
* identity as a nonprofit that means business
* proficiency at grassroots, self-help organizing
* private sector and market orientation
* dedication to beneficiary gains in income, jobs and savings
* leadership in value chain approaches to enterprise development
* legacy of lasting institutions and organizations
* vast talent bank
* experience working on a regional/global scale
* network of U.S. and international partners
* systems approach to technical solutions and operations
* grants-management capacity
* cutting-edge approaches to fragile/failing states, trade capacity building, public-private partnership, information and communications technology and integrated HIV/AIDS programming
* experience with large indefinite quantity contracts (IQCs)