United Nations Electoral Support Program (UNESP) Assessment
Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (AMELA)
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
USAID is a significant contributor in supporting UNDPs assistance to key electoral bodies in Afghanistan. Under a PIO USAID investment helps to fund operations of the UN electoral support program (UNESP) which primarily works with the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) and Electoral Complaints Commission (ECC) to strengthen their operations and capacity to protect the integrity of the electoral process in Afghanistan and assist with upcoming elections scheduled for September 2019.
Under the direction of the Chief of Party and the Evaluation Team Lead, the UNESP Assessment Team Lead will assist in the design of an assessment plan, crafting data collection instruments, assist in data collection, and then lead in the drafting of an assessment report.
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of an assessment plan.
- Assist and advise the AMELA full time staff as needed during the coordination and engagement phase prior to data collection.
- Assist in any training and testing in preparation for the data collection.
- Provide a lead role in data collection, including conducting key informant interviews, and focus groups.
- Assist the team in analyzing collected data.
- Draft the final report for the UNESP Assessment, including responding to USAID feedback.
- Participate and lead assessment presentations.
- PhD or Master’s degree in International Development, statistics, or similar field 10+ years of relevant international development experience.
- Experience working in Afghanistan or similar development environments.
- Experience and expertise in forms of evaluation and qualitative and quantitative research, such as econometric analysis, action research, systems analysis, operations research.
- A record of delivering high quality reports to USAID and other donors.
- Experience designing and completing high quality evaluations, which may include rigorous mixed-methods evaluation, desirable.
- Experience working with USAID and/or other international donors, preferred.
- Exceptional English-language written and oral communication skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.