Social Impact has been commissioned to conduct an evaluation to assess the Advancing Community Empowerment (ACE) project. The evaluation will assess the progress of ACE towards achieving intended outcomes, intermediate results, objectives, and overall goals relative to the current political context and impacts of COVID-19; identify best practices and lessons learned related to health, education, and multi-sectoral/integrated approaches to improving governance; and provide recommendations for the remaining two years of the ACE activity and future programming. The evaluation will include a desk review, primary data collection, and reporting, from October to April 2020.
SI is seeking a Team Lead who is a senior integrated community development expert and familiar working in the complex environment of Myanmar. The Team Lead will work virtually, supported by a team of local research specialists. The position is level of effort-based and approximately 45-50 days. The Team Lead will report to the Social Impact Project Manager.
- Lead development and submission of workplan to USAID, including work schedule, methods, and data sources
- Lead preparation of a data collection plan, with informant lists, data collection instruments, and detailed data collection schedule
- Administer key informant interviews (KIIs) with identified stakeholders in Burma
- Ensure all team members carefully collect, clean, and store qualitative data
- Lead data analysis and drafting of an initial findings presentation to USAID/Burma
- Coordinate team inputs to prepare the draft report; Upon receiving USAID’s comments on the draft report, make any final corrections and improvements
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables; implement SI quality assurance processes
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel
- The team leader will not be required to travel through 2020; should country regulations and safety concerns allow, a trip in 2021 may be considered.
- Experience working in Burma required
- Minimum eight years’ experience with community development
- Graduate Degree in degree in social sciences or relevant field
- Experience evaluating multi-sectoral, integrated community development approaches using mixed methods
- Prior experience as an assessment/evaluation team leader desired
- Strong qualitative research skills, as well as strong analytical and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in English is required
- Flexibility to adapt to changing contexts and working across time zones
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.