The United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Laos Country Office (LCO) has asked Social Impact (SI)’s USAID/LCO Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Activity to conduct a Covid-19 Rapid Assessment. The Assessment will investigate the social and economic impact of the Covid-19 pandemic in Lao People’s Democratic Republic (PDR) and how these changes will affect USAID’s planned programming.
SI is seeking an individual to fill the role of the Team Lead (TL) for this Rapid Assessment. The TL will manage and oversee the research team and all client deliverables. In addition, the TL is responsible for coordinating research activities and ensuring the production and completion of the final report in accordance with the scope of work and work plan timelines. The TL will guide the development of the desk review, direct data collection and compilation, conduct data analysis, coordinate technical inputs of team members, and lead the drafting and completion of a final report. The TL will ensure quality assurance and timeliness of all deliverables, including adherence to SI’s quality assurance standards. Following the completion of data collection and analysis, the TL will organize and deliver a workshop to engage LCO staff in applying assessment findings and planning accordingly based on various scenarios of how the pandemic may affect the country.
The project will begin in late December 2020 and is projected to last through February 2021. The desk review and data collection will be performed by the TL remotely with the support of the local team member to conduct some in-person interviews. The Consultant is required for 30 days of LOE from December 2020 through February 2021.
- Conduct a desk review of documents relevant to the social and economic impacts of Covid-19 in Lao PDR and USAID/LCO programming.
- Develop and finalize assessment design and data collection tools, coordinating technical inputs from the team.
- Administer interviews with stakeholders in Lao PDR (remotely, with in-person support of local team member).
- Provide guidance and feedback to the local team member to ensure completion of all deliverables.
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables; implement SI quality assurance processes.
- Guide and oversee the development and finalization of project deliverables, including the assessment design and data collection tools, and final report and applicable presentations.
- Develop and deliver a workshop for LCO staff to apply assessment findings.
Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Master’s degree and at least five years of related experience in a relevant field.
- Experience with donor programming in the region. Experience in Lao PDR will be considered an asset.
- Significant and current experience conducting similar assessments
- Understanding of current Lao PDR social and economic context as well as development challenges.
- Strong team management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
Fluency in English required.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.