The American Bar Association: Rule of Law Initiative is hiring a Team Lead for our Western Balkans Region.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned programs and that all programmatic requirements are being met/exceeded according to ABA, ROLI, and grantor requirements.
- Accountable for all timely, accurate, and compliant in-country programmatic monitoring and reporting.
- Oversees and is accountable for the development and deployment of substantive programming and activities, including, but not limited to, project work plans, managing/assisting volunteer legal specialists and consultants, and convening, organizing and participating in training opportunities within the host country.
- Establishes and enhances effective collaboration and relationships with local entities and other development partners (e.g., local bar association, law schools, NGO’s, governmental agencies, etc.) to fulfill program objectives within cost constraints and garner additional funding from partners.
- Maintains proactive communications with ROLI leadership to ensure timely and accurate updates on programs’ activities, achievements, and shortcomings. In area where program shortcomings are identified, creates and implements corrective action plans to improve performance against standards.
- Assists in identifying best practices derived from lessons learned.
- Collaborates with program staff and local authorities to ensure that all programs and operations are compliant with all local laws/regulations and, if required, have received all regulatory licensing/registrations prior to offering the programs.
- Ensures compliance with all donor, ABA, federal, state, and local laws/regulations while managing the program(s). Ensures personal and program compliance with the FCPA.
- Provides leadership, coaching, counseling, feedback, performance appraisal, and, where appropriate, applies corrective actions to an assigned team.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Possession of a JD and at least seven (7) years’ experience in program management or business operations which must have included international experience; OR, Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least ten (10) years’ experience in program management or business operations which must have included international experience.
- Previous experience managing HMG (DFID, FCO, CSSF, etc.) international grant programs.
- Previous experience in implementing international donor-supported programs which must have included responsibilities for supervision of a team, financial management, and compliance.
- Demonstrated field experience preferably in the Balkan
- Experience implementing international development programs in a broad range of rule of law issues, including, but not limited to: effective oversight bodies, regulation, legislation, rules of procedures; corruption (in justice systems and overall); legal and regulatory frameworks for business; and issue-based opportunities to support access to justice, including for women, excluded and minority groups and cybersecurity.
- Nuanced understanding of regional rule of law development issues.
- Proven leadership abilities within a multi-partner initiative, and experience representing programs at high levels of policy engagement.
- Experience communicating and building productive relationships within a broad range of government, civil society, academic, and IGO entities, at international, regional, and local levels.
- Experience managing interdisciplinary and culturally diverse teams in centralized and remote locations.
- Detailed understanding of United Kingdom assistance policies, award management and reporting requirements.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must submit the resume to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with the American Bar Association please call 312-988-5188.
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html