With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is currently recruiting for a Team Leader for an upcoming DFID Transparency & Accountability programme in East Africa that will utilize a highly adaptive and politically informed approach to achieving change across a number of key sectors. The Team Leader will be based full-time in East Africa for up to five years. Candidates must have proven experience leading successful DFID programmes, preferably in East Africa, using an adaptive and politically informed approach to management. The candidate will also have significant experience leading programmes that facilitated the work of coalitions of change agents from across society to achieve reforms in specific sectors, as well as overseeing detailed monitoring, evaluation and learning engagements to assess progress.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (economics, political science, international development, international relations, or similar).
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven leadership skills and experience applied to recent, large scale DFID programs in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- More than ten years’ experience working on an adaptive, politically informed and issue-based programmes in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Proven technical skills in governance (transparency and accountability, service delivery, local governance) and implementation of politically informed programmes using a coalition of change approach;
- Understanding of social accountability tools and strategies;
- Capacity, influence and personal integrity to convene stakeholders and shape national policy implementation;
- Ability to oversee the measurement and communication of robust results and impact, and hold their team and implementing partners accountable for good and timely performance, management of fiduciary risk, attention to VFM and continual improvement; and,
- Understanding of political economy analysis techniques and applications.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications for the position of Team Leader are to be submitted through our Career Portal on our website.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.
About the OrganizationCowaterSogema is a global leader in management consulting services, focusing on developing and emerging economies. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. As Canada’s largest international development consulting firm, CowaterSogema has developed a reputation of excellence for our strong ability to work with clients and stakeholders to provide leading-edge solutions and services tailored to the needs and challenges faced by developing and transitional countries. Our firm possesses internationally recognized and award-winning experience at the policy, program and project levels, developing and managing major projects as well as undertaking studies, sector reviews, evaluations, and training and communications activities.
CowaterSogema is a global company with its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, an office in Montreal, Canada, an office in Pretoria, South Africa (CowaterSogema South Africa) and operations in Paris, France (CowaterSogema Europe). Additionally, the company currently operates project offices worldwide including in Burkina Faso, Mali, Malawi, Cameroon, South Sudan, Mozambique, Zambia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Jordan, Peru, Honduras, Barbados etc.