With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canadian global leader in management consulting services, specializing in international economic development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is excited to announce the opening of the position of Team Leader for the upcoming EU-funded Canada Policy Dialogues Support Facility. The facility aims to support aims to support and foster strategic dialogues between the EU and Canada in the context of the EU-Canada Strategic Partnership Agreement and Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement. Efforts will focus on supporting and communicating the exchange of best practices, know-how and expertise between the EU and Canada in priority policy areas.
Reporting to the Project Director at CowaterSogema’s HQ in Ottawa, Canada, the Team Leader will be based in Ottawa, but likely to spend considerable time in Brussels, overseeing the strategic management and direction of the facility and all aspects of the day-to-day planning and operation of the facility. This would include: the preparation of baseline and sector-specific studies; the organization of high-level seminars, workshops, and events; the provision of specialized technical assistance to relevant stakeholders; and, the identification and commission of relevant external technical and academic expertise.
- Postgraduate qualification in economics, political science, international affairs, public policy or any other related field; and,
- Additional project/financial management designations would be considered an asset.
- Acknowledged expert in trade, finance and international economic (15+ years of professional experience related to international trade policies and agreements) with experience from an integrated career in academia, international development and the private sector.
- Strong capacity-building and training experience on international trade agreements.
- Team Leader / Component Leader on one or more EC-funded trade-related projects; and,
- Working experience / knowledge of bilateral FTAs between the EU and developed / high-income countries (e.g., EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement and EU-Singapore FTA) is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English and French, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent leadership, project and resource management skills;
- Strong advocacy skills; and,
- Working knowledge of the EU-Canada Strategic Partnership Agreement and Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement is a strong asset.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.
About the OrganizationCowaterSogema is a global leader in management consulting services, focusing on developing and emerging economies. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. As Canada’s largest international development consulting firm, CowaterSogema has developed a reputation of excellence for our strong ability to work with clients and stakeholders to provide leading-edge solutions and services tailored to the needs and challenges faced by developing and transitional countries. Our firm possesses internationally recognized and award-winning experience at the policy, program and project levels, developing and managing major projects as well as undertaking studies, sector reviews, evaluations, and training and communications activities.
CowaterSogema is a global company with its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, an office in Montreal, Canada, an office in Pretoria, South Africa (CowaterSogema South Africa) and operations in Paris, France (CowaterSogema Europe). Additionally, the company currently operates project offices worldwide including in Burkina Faso, Mali, Malawi, Cameroon, South Sudan, Mozambique, Zambia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Jordan, Peru, Honduras, Barbados etc.