SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is recruiting a Team Leader (local or international) for an ongoing Program in Vietnam titled, “Gender Responsive and Equitable Agriculture and Tourism” (Aus4Equality|GREAT).
The Aus4Equality|GREAT Program aims to empower local women to better engage in agriculture and tourism markets, enhance women’s voices in decision-making, promote inclusive partnerships, and create a more enabling policy environment for inclusive and equitable growth in Northwestern Vietnam.
The position is full-time and based in-country for a minimum period of one year, with the possibility of extension. The Team Leader role includes the following responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of a market systems development (MSD) for women’s empowerment program and provide strategic and technical oversight to the program in order to ensure that program interventions are designed and delivered in line with MSD principles;
- Experience brokering successful collaborations and/or negotiations with the private sector and government;
- Oversee market research and value-chain analyses across the program portfolio;
- Manage strategic research and business partnerships; and
- Liaise with stakeholders, clients and corporate partners.
- Work closely and provide advice to DFAT and the GoV in overall management and implementation of the Program while ensuring provision of services are in accordance with the objectives, principles and needs of Program Partners and the client;
- Ensure the program is implemented and delivered professionally based on approved plans and in a timely and cost-effective manner warranting coherence and synergies across program objectives including:
- Providing flexible support to Program Partners (advice, strategic advice, management and implementation of program activities);
- Managing program resources (human and financial) and operations effectively and efficiently to ensure optimum delivery including leading the senior program management team, providing performance management, motivation, learning, development opportunities and direction;
- Providing high quality reporting to DFAT, ensuring all reports and technical inputs integrate evidence-based M&E results to ensure effective implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluation systems as well as the documentation of lessons and results to be disseminated effectively including clear, interesting and evidence-based progress reports to DFAT and other partners;
- Ensure the Program cooperates with other relevant DFAT, donor and government funded programs and that strong working relationships, particularly with DFAT and the Government of Vietnam at national and provincial levels are developed; and
- Proactively managing program risks, through regular monitoring and updating of the risk register and implementation of effective mitigation strategies, in consultation with DFAT and other key stakeholders including cross-cutting issues and DFAT social safeguards relevant to the program, such as ethnically, environment, child protection, disability, etc.
- Master’s degree (graduate level) in a relevant discipline such as business administration, economic development, social sciences or international development.
- 10 years of experience, managing and overseeing multi-year (3+ years), multi-million dollars (+5 million) international development projects;
- 5 years of experience in private sector engagement, market systems development/M4P, local economic development and/or SME/Association/Cooperative development;
- Experience in project planning, project implementation, human resources management, project financial management, and project reporting including;
- Liaising with project stakeholders including demonstrated experience working with government at various levels;
- Integrating gender equality, environment, and governance into project activities;
- Leading project teams;
- Managing project risks;
- Experience managing international development projects in the South-East Asia region (Vietnam preferred).
- Professional fluency in English (writing, reading and speaking) and exceptional report writing skills;
- Proficiency in Vietnamese (preferred);
- Understanding of women’s economic empowerment and gender equality issues in development contexts an advantage;
- High level interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to convey concepts clearly, professionally, and concisely;
- Strong leadership, organizational, management and representational skills, with experience working across multiple sectors.
Project’s specific conditions:
- The position is full-time and based in-country for a minimum period of one year, with the possibility of extension.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply no later than 5 pm on July 27, 2018. Applications will be assessed as they are received. We thank all applicants, however, only those making the shortlist will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.
About the Organization
CowaterSogema is a global leader in management consulting services, focusing on developing and emerging economies. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. As Canada’s largest international development consulting firm, CowaterSogema has developed a reputation of excellence for our strong ability to work with clients and stakeholders to provide leading-edge solutions and services tailored to the needs and challenges faced by developing and transitional countries. Our firm possesses internationally recognized and award-winning experience at the policy, program and project levels, developing and managing major projects as well as undertaking studies, sector reviews, evaluations, and training and communications activities.
CowaterSogema is a global company with its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, an office in Montreal, Canada, an office in Pretoria, South Africa (CowaterSogema South Africa) and operations in Paris, France (CowaterSogema Europe). Additionally, the company currently operates project offices worldwide including in Burkina Faso, Mali, Malawi, Cameroon, South Sudan, Mozambique, Zambia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Jordan, Peru, Honduras, Barbados etc.