With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canadian global leader in management consulting services, specializing in international development. We have implemented over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe, and we have been active in Mozambique since 1997. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our successful approaches to programme delivery have led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is currently recruiting for a Team Leader for an upcoming DFID programme in Mozambique that will utilize a highly adaptive and politically informed approach to strengthening civic engagement and accountability in the delivery of basic services at the local, provincial and national levels (e.g. health; water, sanitation and hygiene/WASH; nutrition; social protection; family planning). The Team Leader will be based full-time in Mozambique for up to six years. Candidates must have proven experience leading successful DFID programmes, ideally in Mozambique or other Portuguese-speaking countries, and with using an adaptive and politically informed approach to delivery. The candidate should also have experience leading programmes that facilitated the work of coalitions of change agents from across society to achieve reforms to specific public services through advocacy and engagement in government planning, budgeting and reform initiatives.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant social science discipline;
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven programme management skills and experience applied to recent, large scale DFID programmes in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Ability to communicate effectively in Portuguese (spoken and written) and excellent English language skills;
- More than ten years’ relevant work experience;
- Proven technical skills in governance and/or public service delivery (transparency and accountability, service delivery, local governance);
- Strong facilitation, leadership and influencing skills;
- Ability to oversee the measurement and communication of robust results and to hold their team and implementing partners accountable for good and timely performance, management of fiduciary risk, attention to VFM and continual improvement.
- Understanding of political economy analysis techniques and applications.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.
About the OrganizationCowaterSogema is a global leader in management consulting services, focusing on developing and emerging economies. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. As Canada’s largest international development consulting firm, CowaterSogema has developed a reputation of excellence for our strong ability to work with clients and stakeholders to provide leading-edge solutions and services tailored to the needs and challenges faced by developing and transitional countries. Our firm possesses internationally recognized and award-winning experience at the policy, program and project levels, developing and managing major projects as well as undertaking studies, sector reviews, evaluations, and training and communications activities.
CowaterSogema is a global company with its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, an office in Montreal, Canada, an office in Pretoria, South Africa (CowaterSogema South Africa) and operations in Paris, France (CowaterSogema Europe). Additionally, the company currently operates project offices worldwide including in Burkina Faso, Mali, Malawi, Cameroon, South Sudan, Mozambique, Zambia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Jordan, Peru, Honduras, Barbados etc.