Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Cardno manages the Justice Services and Stability for Development Program (JSS4D) which provide support to Papua New Guinea (PNG) through targeted assistance to PNG’s law and justice agencies, provincial governments, the Autonomous Region of Bougainville and civil society groups. PNG’s efforts to reduce family and sexual violence and corruption will be specifically supported. The program will be implemented through four inter-related outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Community safety and security
- Outcome 2: Addressing Family and sexual violence
- Outcome 3: Effective law and justice services
- Outcome 4: Anti-corruption
In this role you will provide strategic direction for the JSS4D program and manage the delivery of overall program goals and outcomes. You will engage closely with DFAT, the Law and Justice Sector Secretariat, the law and justice sector agencies in PNG and other strategic partners. In performing this role, you will assume overall responsibility for leading the JSS4D program team, managing resources effectively and meeting requirements in line with the Program Plan and any subsequent revisions agreed with DFAT. You will have strategic oversight of the management and direction of the Program which includes teams spread across offices in Port Moresby and Buka, as well as other provincial locations.
The Terms of Reference containing responsibilities and selection criteria can be found here:Terms of Reference
To be successful in this role you will have (essential):
- Substantial experience in strategically managing and leading the implementation of complex public sector governance and institutional strengthening initiatives in a developing country, and demonstrating leadership including through using innovative approaches to achieve development results. This includes ability to blend design and implementation through experience in managing rapid cycles of planning, action, reflection and revision to foster team learning from both success and failure.
- Ability to develop and maintain results‐focused stakeholder relationships with both GoPNG partners and other stakeholders (including Australian Government agencies), particularly in a politically sensitive context, and ability to support the strategic brokering of relationships between stakeholders to progress reform
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to principles of gender equality and gender mainstreaming.
- Experience working successfully in a cross‐cultural, multi‐lingual environment and a high level of interpersonal and communication leadership skills.
- Experience leading large and diverse teams situated in multiple locations including remote areas, and of maintaining oversight of staff security and welfare.
- Demonstrated experience in financial oversight of large program budgets and ability to effectively interpret financial forecasting and expenditure data.
Duration: Approximately 16 months (until December 2019, plus the option for extension).
This position will be remunerated in line with theAustralian Government’s Adviser Remuneration Framework and will be offered at a level commensurate of the successful candidates experience relevant to the role, within the following classification Discipline Group D, Job Level 4.
How to apply
To apply for this position please click the “apply” button below. Your application must include the following:
- Your CV; and
- A cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria and desirable essential criteria where applicable.
For any enquiries about this position, please contact recruitment.internationaldevelopment[@]cardno.com quoting “JSS4D – Team Leader” in your email subject line.
5pm, Wednesday 15 August 2018 (local time).
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 40-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.