As Ghana progresses into becoming a middle-income country, DFID is changing the way it supports the Ghanaian health system. To continue this support, DFID will be funding a programme to provide technical assistance to the Ghana Health Service (GHS) and the Ministry of Health (MoH), to improve health governance and leadership, as well as strengthening health financing arrangements. The programme will also have an element of service provision, which will focus on providing mental health services, as well as behaviour change communication to reduce stigma around mental health in Ghana.
The Team Leader will provide leadership to the GHDP Programme Delivery Team (PDT) based in Accra. The role will require working closely with the Government of Ghana, GHDP programme partners and other key stakeholders across the health sector to provide technical support as needed. The Team leader must be mission driven and committed to making a distinctive impact serving the GHSS programme and Abt Associates.
The Team Leader will be responsible for:
- Setting up programme in Accra to allow continuous engagement between stakeholders and suppliers in support of GHSS
- Leading a multidisciplinary and high performing team to provide technical assistance in a collaborative manner
- Managing team performance across the programme
- Building trust-based relationships with senior MoH, GHS, MoE, GES, MoGCSP, and voluntary sector partners
- Advancing the impact and reputation of Abt Associates and its partners throughout Ghana and beyond through thought leadership and other activities
- Promoting equality and inclusion for all
- Managing variety of programme risks, including fiduciary
The successful candidate will bring:
- Proven management expertise, in particular in building a multi- disciplinary team and putting systems in place to deliver technical assistance across multiple fields
- Expertise of managing team performance, particularly with proven track record of developing high performance within project teams
- Proven leadership capabilities and experience enabling positive change within an organisation
- Proven capability to collaborate, partner and influence wide ranging stakeholders at senior level, including governments, UN agencies, NGOs and other private sector partners (including other delivery agents of technical assistance)
For Further Information and Application
Further information regarding this opportunity can found in the ‘More Information’ section below.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website, and MUST include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria, including questions of due diligence.
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2019 - midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.