Chemonics seeks a team leader for the Good Governance Programme, jointly funded by the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID) and the Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO). The £15 million, 3.5-year programme’s primary objective is to build resilience in targeted countries by providing support for domestic reform agendas that reduce corruption, promote transparent and accountable institutions, and build open, inclusive economies and societies. The programme will deliver high-quality technical expertise to ministries and government officials to strengthen local capacity to deliver, champion, and unblock reforms to increase political and economic institutions’ effectiveness in Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine, Moldova, Serbia, Bosnia, and Macedonia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership and technical direction, while ensuring compliance with DFID requirements and regulations and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Liaise with DFID, state and local governments, and other local partners to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives
- Promote transparency and information sharing within each country and across the programme and facility to further build the partnerships for all state actors
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel, subcontractors, and grantees, focusing on core results, achieving work plan and targets, and timely implementation
- Act as the activity’s official point of contact, ensuring that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in public administration, municipal governance/planning, law, public policy, finance, economics, political economy, or another relevant field
- Extensive knowledge of economic development, including economic governance, business-enabling environments, and public financial management; public sector reform including institutional capacity building in public administration, anticorruption, judicial reform, modernisation of key sectors (e.g., energy, banking), and reforming state-owned enterprises; and independent media and civil society strengthening; regional work experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Eastern European politics and networks within some of the programme’s focus countries.
- Strong experience in managing and implementing local governance projects, preferably for DFID or FCO or for other international donors; previous chief of party, deputy chief of party, or similar experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English (speaking, writing, and reading) strongly preferred; conversant in Ukrainian or Slavic languages strongly preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Team Leader” in the subject line to GGFrecruit@chemonics.com by July 24, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.