Chemonics seeks a team leader for the anticipated Sindh Education Programme (SEP), funded by the U.K. Department for International Development (DFID). SEP will focus on improving learning outcomes by improving teaching, ensuring poor and marginalised children are not left behind, making sure education systems are supporting learning, locking in gains of predecessor programmes, and building a quality education system that promotes learning and inclusion. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall technical leadership, strategic program direction, and senior-level representation with relevant DFID and government of Sindh counterparts
- Ensure alignment of technical assistance with DFID and government of Sindh education reform priorities
- Oversee senior-level personnel and ensure that teams are meeting their objectives
- Create and maintain strong relationships with project partners, beneficiaries, and the client
- Provide programmatic, administrative, and financial leadership to the project
- Oversee and support project work planning, management and implementation, budgeting processes, compliance with DFID regulations and Chemonics’ policies and systems, and strategic communications
- Ensure project meets stated goals, outcomes, benchmarks, and reporting requirements
- Minimum of 15 years of senior-level or related relevant experience designing and managing donor-funded projects
- Experience in Pakistan and educational development strongly preferred
- Experience working in Pakistan, especially with the government of Sindh, strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse teams, host-country government officials, international donors, and private sector stakeholders
- Experience liaising with government officials and working with vulnerable groups, including women and children
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
To apply, please submit your application by October 1, 2019, through our portal: https://chemonicsuk.formstack.com/forms/sindh_education_team_leader. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and early applications are strongly encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted directly.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.