We have an exciting opportunity in an anticipated upcoming DFID funded programme in Myanmar.
About the programme
The Programme will support public financial management, fiscal decentralisation and extractives governance reform in Myanmar and will target assistance towards selected national and subnational agencies within the Government of Myanmar, relevant parliamentary committees, research bodies and civil society. It will provide technical assistance, capacity building, systems strengthening and economic research in these areas; implementation is expected to commence midway through 2020 and ramp up following the elections in November. The programme will be structured around four interlinked components:
• National Public Financial Management
• Extractives governance
• Evidence and monitoring
About the role
Based in-country on a full-time basis and reporting to the Programme Director, the Team Leader will be responsible for the delivery of the programme’s objectives. Key accountabilities will include:
• Overall strategic leadership and management of the programme
• Stakeholder engagement, programme representation and visibility
• Client management and oversight of technical teams
• Management and delivery of the logframe targets
• Recruitment & management of the team
• Oversight of programme management and operations
• Substantial experience in leading similar large and complex governance reform programmes (ideally for DFID)
• Technical capability in the areas of public finance, decentralization and extractives governance
• Experience managing multidisciplinary reform teams in complex development contexts
• Proven ability to engage with developing country governments to achieve results
• Excellent management, networking and communication skills
About the Organization
Oxford Policy Management (OPM) enables strategic decision-makers to reduce social and economic disadvantage in low- and middle-income countries through a unique combination of high-quality analysis and more than 35 years’ practical experience in over 120 countries worldwide.
Supported by a multinational team of more than 400 specialists on four continents, our success is based on a unique combination of high-quality analysis and 30 years’ practical experience of facilitating positive change in over 120 countries worldwide. OPM’s expertise, which is underpinned by a strong commitment to capacity building, ranges from social and economic policy to public finance and management, political economy analysis and statistics.
Clients range from bilateral and multilateral organisations such as DFID, UNICEF and the World Bank through to governments, NGOs and private-sector organisations.
With offices in Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, South Africa, Tanzania and the United Kingdom, we can provide our clients with rapid, local support and context-specific solutions.
If you are interested in opportunities at Oxford Policy Management, please see our careers page or email us at email@example.com
What’s it like working at OPM, and why should you join our growing global organisation? Watch this video to see what our colleagues have to say.