Conduct Economic Statistics Data Collection, Analysis, Production of Consumer Price Index and Capacity Building of the Directorate of National Statistics (DNS) and Statistical Departments in Federal Member States (FMSs)
The aim of the Strengthening Institution for Economic Policy Management and Infrastructure Development Project (SIEPMID) is to contribute to Somali’s economic recovery by building an effective and efficient national statistical system that will produce and disseminate reliable and timely statistical data for planning, policy and decision-making.
The specific of objective of the consultancy is to build up the capacity of the DNS and statistical departments in the FMSs to produce State and national CPI. The role of the consultants is to transfer knowledge, skills and experience on-the-job training on CPI methodology and data collection tools to the staff.
- Carry out fieldwork data collection for economic statistics to compile and disseminate monthly CPI and GDP for DNS and FMSs.
- To enhance the technical capacity of staff, through trainings and establish technical working group for CPI.
- Training of staff on computer network maintenance and troubleshooting guidelines produced.
- Installation of the Africa Development Bank (AfDB) Africa Information Highway as a data management and dissemination tool for the National Statistical System.
- Production of tabulation, plots and using SPSS for Economic Statistics Products.
The Technical Advisor/Team Leader will be the lead consultant for the assignment and will provide the overall stewardship and needed technical support. The overall objective of the assignment of Technical Advisor is to provide advisory services to Somalia on the institutional strengthening, organizational reform and the preparation of necessary manuals and legal frameworks for the statistical development in country and ensure that all activities specified in the consultancy contract are properly implemented. The advisor shall provide technical assistance to the government in general and the DNS in particular by closely working with the other consultants recruited for the assignment as well as the relevant FGS government organs for realization of the objectives of the assignment. Organize and conduct staff training on data processing and analysis, interpreting, monitoring and evaluation, technical report writing, management, dissemination and archiving of data to be utilized by planners, policy makers and head of institutions. Provide technical guidance to staff in development of technical data collection tools (techniques) and practical implementation of knowledge acquired in the field.
- At least 10 years of professional experience and a Master’s Degree in Statistics with strong background in Macroeconomics, Socio-Economic Data Analysis, and Development Policy Formulation.
- He/she must have worked with National Statistics office and technically have experience in statistics software.
- Additional Degree in Development Studies and/or Management would be an advantage.
We look forward to your application.
Please note that only candidates suitable to this position will be contacted.
About the Organization
Particip is an international consulting company in the field of international development cooperation. We coordinate interdisciplinary, multi-national teams for short and long term assignments worldwide supporting them with methodological know-how and expertise gained in over 1,800 projects. For further information please visit our website on www.particip.de