About the Programme
LERII-TAF is a 4-year £9.5m programme funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) as a result of the UK’s pledge at the CEDRE Conference. The programme started in January 2020 and will run until January 2024. LERII-TAF offers demand driven technical assistance to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) within the Government of Lebanon that are responsible for implementing fiscal, structural and sectoral reforms. LERII-TAF will help MDAs identify and deliver successful economic reforms to mitigate the economic and financial crisis as well as the secondary impacts of COVID-19.
LERII-TAF is looking for a Team Leader to manage and oversee delivery and performance of the LERII-TAF Facility, with a particular focus on ensuring effective government engagement, developing LERII-TAF’s strategic reform vision, managing performance of the LERII-TAF team and Facility as a whole, and providing key strategic reform insights.
The Team Leader will hold overall accountability for the achievement of LERII-TAF’s intended results, ensuring that deliverables are submitted on time and to a high standard. S/he will be responsible for setting and meeting objectives set out in the logframe as well as delivery of programme activities and client reporting. The Team Leader will have an oversight of all human resources, operational and technical elements of LERII-TAF and will work closely with the DAI Head Office to generate a well-managed, high performing programme.
- Hold overall accountability and responsibility for the technical and operational delivery of LERII-TAF programme as per the Head Contract Terms of Reference (ToRs).
- Provide technical direction to the programme, including formulation of programme’s strategy and vision.
- Lead the development of LERII-TAF’s workplan, its implementation and initiate necessary revisions.
- Be responsible for identification and achievement of programme key performance indicators (KPIs) and logframe targets.
- Act as principle liaison with FCDO in Lebanon – ensuring the client is appraised of project progress, issues and risks are identified early enough and escalated.
- Build relationships with relevant Government Ministries and other key actors in the private sector, multilateral and development sectors.
- Act as DAI’s representative as well as on behalf of the FCDO technical assistance programme LERII-TAF in all meetings.
- Effectively manage the project budget, ensuring efficient use of resources, and managing expenditure in line with the agreed budget.
- Oversee and ensure project practices are in compliance with DAI and FCDO contractual rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of all contractual deliverables as detailed in LERII-TAF ToR and annual workplans.
- Lead the LERII-TAF team to ensure clear roles and responsibilities, understanding of the workplan, objectives, priorities and deliverables.
- Oversee team performance, ensuring that appropriate HR practises, including performance management system, are in place and being followed.
- Foster a positive and encouraging team atmosphere, supporting team members to develop and excel in their positions.
- Manage subcontractors’/partners’ performance, to ensure quality and timeliness of delivery and results at project level.
Reporting - The Team Leader will report to the UK based Project Director.
Place of work - The Team Leader will be based in Beirut, Lebanon.
Level of effort - Full time
Start date - ASAP
Key qualifications and skills
- At least 12 years of professional experience in management leadership roles on donor funded development programmes, with proven expertise in leading teams to deliver results.
- Master’s Degree in economics business, international development, or another relevant field.
- Experience managing large and complex programmes funded by FCDO (preferred) and/or other institutional donors with budgets over £10m.
- Demonstrated experience in formulation and execution of fiscal policy and key economic structural and sectoral reforms.
- Evidenced ability to design, test, implement and monitor technical interventions;
- Track record in building and maintaining strong relationships with government and other key stakeholders.
- Decision-making ability and judgment based on significant technical and management experience.
- Experience of writing reports for corporations, donor agencies, the media, and other audiences.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage financial resources effectively and transparently to achieve maximum impact and value for money.
- Proven knowledge and experience applying FCDO compliance and familiarity with FCDO terms and conditions.
- Understanding of the cross-cutting approaches (e.g. GESI, PEA, conflict sensitivity, VfM, M&E etc.) and integration to development programming.
- Analytical skills to guide programme activities in different context specific scenarios.
- Demonstrated ability in responding to Head Office and client request in a proactive and professional manner.
- Experience working in Lebanon or the region is desirable.
- Effective interpersonal communications and professional integrity.
- Fluent in English.
Closing date - October 11th
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.