Project title: Technical assistance to the Inter-Ministerial Coordinating Committee on decentralisation
The overall objective of the programme is: To build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels for sustainable development through the implementation of the Ghana National Decentralisation Policy Framework (NDPF).
The purpose of this contract is: To support the institutions in charge of decentralisation reforms, particularly the Inter-Ministerial Coordinating Committee (IMCC) on Decentralisation and its members, through technical assistance focusing on skills transfer and capacity development in the planning and implementation of the National Decentralisation Policy Framework (NDPF) and National Decentralisation Action Plan (NDAP) in a participatory manner.
The expected results are as follows:
Result 1: Policy, legal and institutional reforms implemented
- To develop new NDPF/NDAP (2019-2022) with Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) and Performance Assessment framework (PAF);
- To create the enabling environment for the implementation of Local Economic Development and Public-Private Partnership policies.
Result 2: The capacities of MMDAs are enhanced
- To decentralise by de-concentration appropriate Departments and Agencies to the district and regional levels;
- To enhance the capacity of MMDAs to deliver municipal services effectively and on their general mandates;
- To support the implementation of the reviewed Local Economic Development and Public-Private Partnership policies at the district level for economic growth, employment creation and income generation.
Result 3: Funding at MMDAs level is available for local service delivery and increase in birth registration
- To support implementation of approved Inter-Governmental Fiscal Framework (IGFF), Inter-Governmental Fiscal Transfers (IGFT) and Internally Generated Funds (IGF) strategy;
- To enhance the revenue mobilisation capacity of MMDAs.
Commencement date of the project: September 2018
Duration of the assignment: 470 working days
Description of work:
The Team Leader is responsible for the management of the Technical Assistance Team i.e. Key Experts and Non–Key Experts and for ensuring the ownership of the project by the Government of Ghana through the IMCC.
The Team leader is responsible for the alignment and coordination of all the actions under the present contract.
The Team Leader will ensure that the Technical Assistance Team contributes to the implementation of the Decentralisation Policy (NDPF) and Action Plan (NDAP). The Technical Assistance Team will provide technical assistance to the IMCC to achieve the overall objective, the purpose and results of the Programme.
Qualifications and skills:
- Post-Graduate Degree in Public Administration or in Development Studies or Local Economic Development or Law or in Economics or equivalent and professional experience of at least twelve (12) years;
- Proficiency in English.
General professional experience:
- At least ten (10) years professional working experience in assisting, advising or implementing policy-based reforms and public administration.
- Similar experience in other African countries.
Specific professional experience:
- Six (6) years professional working experience in supporting institutional decentralisation reforms;
- At least three (3) years professional working experience as team leader.
- Working experience in supporting all aspects of decentralisation (Political, Administrative, Fiscal);
- Working experience in Public Finance Management and/or popular participation.