General Scope of the Role
We seek a dynamic professional for a fund management assignment implemented across West Africa. The successful candidate will be expected to apply industry best practice approaches in fund management.
Nature of employment
Independent Consultant/ Subcontractor. This is a full-time role in Abuja, Nigeria but there will be regular field visits to the intervention countries.
The contract will be for a fixed term of three years, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance.
Qualification and Experience
· A minimum of 12 years working experience in a similiar field
· University degree in economics, management, engineering or related subjects
· Proven negotiation and moderation skills with senior decision makers
· Computer skills (MS Office software)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Fluent in English and French (knowledge of Portuguese as an asset)
· Demonstrated management experience with similar projects in the context of preventive and reactional stabilization measures
· Experience with the management cycle of investment projects in the context of financial cooperation, including cooperation with different types of Implementing Partners (AGETIPs and NGOs as an asset)
· Monitoring and evaluation experience
· Experience in private sector promotion
· Experience in capacity building
· Experience with complex steering structures
· Demonstrated experience as a team leader
· Working experience in developing countries
· West Africa regional experience
· Working experience with adaptive programming approach and agile methods will be an advantage
· An exciting opportunity to work on fund management and development programmes in Africa
· Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams
· Competitive remuneration
Deadline for receipt of application is 10 August 2020.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and CV, giving details of your qualifications and experience quoting IDAS/TL.1/2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*