The Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting for Improved Health (CLAimHealth) Activity provides monitoring, evaluation, and learning support to the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Philippines’ Health Project (2017–2024), which seeks to improve health outcomes for underserved Filipinos. CLAimHealth, one of twelve activities in USAID’s Health Project, generates and uses high quality monitoring and evaluation (M&E) data, documents good practices and promising interventions (GPPIs), and conducts implementation research.
CLAimHealth will validate whether the intervention is a GPPI through a mixed method approach, using quantitative and qualitative evidence gathered from year-end performance data, review of available records and reports (e.g. the 2019 Colloquium compendium), key informant interviews, and focus group discussions. We will also identify and use information gathered from success stories and other narratives showing success, including information on tools the LCEs found particularly helpful (e.g. how LCEs used the roadmap approach).
CLAimHealth will coordinate its GPPI documentation process with the Institutionalization of Health Leadership and Governance Program’s (IHGLP) scheduled 2020 endline assessment to leverage efforts in data collection and analysis and avoid duplication.
Principal responsibilities of the senior consultant
- Prepare the documentation inception report. This includes the methodology, research tools, and work plan, ensuring that project activities meet the task order scope of work, objectives, timeline, and are within budget.
- For discussion at weekly Zoom meetings, prepare weekly progress reports, which may include status updates of activities, and as the documentation processs continues, a draft outline and sections of the report.
- Conduct a desk review of available records, year-end performance data, technical reports, assessments, success stories, and other narratives showing success, including information on tools the LCEs found particularly helpful.
- As directed by CLAimHealth, perform data collection in selected validation sites, including conduct of key informant interviews and/or focus group discussions. With the current quarantine restrictions, data collection will be conducted virtually.
- Explore trends in selected health indicators before and during IHGLP interventions, incorporating illustrative success stories using the Most Significant Change approach to explain changes.
- Develop concise case studies, incorporated in the final report, of best-performing and (if available) worst-performing sites.
- Document the experiences of other implementing partners who are currently employing identified best practice IHLGP strategies and tools, gleaning strengths, challenges, and any adaptive management decisions.
- Provide concrete, sample products of practical tools and strategies to engage LCEs and LGUs and which may be easily selected, adopted, and widely used by other IPs. The products may be refined, incorporating feedback from the client satisfaction component of this documentation.
- Join virtual meetings and coordinate with CLAimHealth, IHLGP, and the IHLGP endline assessment team to complete on time the necessary tasks for successful data collection and analysis and to leverage efforts and avoid duplication with the IHLGP endline assesment team.
- Direct and supervise the selected junior consultant who will serve as research associate for the documentation.
- Write the preliminary and final reports based on the agreed outline, schedule, and feedback from CLAimHealth.
- Respond to comments from USAID-OH, CLAimHealth, and IHLGP after their review of the preliminary report and complete all revisions.
- Present the documentation results and conclusions to USAID Office of Health, CLAimHealth, and USAID Health Project implementing partners.
The Senior Consultant or Team Leader should have the following minimum qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience in public health research, evaluation studies, documentation research, or case studies. Experience in health systems strengthening is preferred.
- Masters degree or higher in any of the following: public health, epidemiology, medical anthropology, health sociology, health social science, social work and community development, or health economics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent analytic skills and experience using mixed method approaches to analysis
- Publications/technical reports (at least 3)
- References (3)
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.
Please visit our website at https://panagoragroup.net/jobs/ to apply. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.