Resonance seeks a highly qualified Team Leader/Chief of Party to oversee an anticipated task under the USAID Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA) Learning and Development (LeaD) Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), for which Resonance is a holder. The purpose of the activity is to strengthen the capacity of USAID’s Center of Excellence on Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG Center) to exchange technical information and resources with internal and external audiences via training programs (in person and remotely) and other professional exchanges.
This is a full-time position with a period of performance of four years from the date of contract award, including a two-year base period and a two-year option period. The primary place of performance is the DRG Center in Washington, DC, with occasional overseas travel. The Team Leader/Chief of Party will report directly to Resonance’s Home Office Director.
The Team Leader/Chief of Party will provide technical direction and overall guidance to the project team for all activities with the goal of supporting DRG Center staff to access technical assistance and professional services to guide training design, better engage external stakeholders and the broader DRG community of practice, assess the impact of training efforts, obtain logistical support for trainings and conferences, facilitate retreats and organizational development sessions, and provide resources and professional coaching to enhance management and leadership skills. S/he will provide overall leadership, strategic direction, and program oversight. S/he will oversee project planning and implementation, ensuring timely and high-quality expertise and deliverables. S/he will lead the capacity development strategy and professional leadership development activities.
- Advanced degree in an international development assistance-related discipline, education or other related field
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience leading project implementation and management, with a demonstrated history of progressively complex experience in managing programs pertaining to staff capacity/professional development, adult education, training-of-trainers (TOT), curriculum design and implementation, developing communities of practice, organizational development, and large-scale technical assistance initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in developing a project strategic direction and effectively managing staff, resources and relationships with key stakeholders to successfully achieve project objectives
- Experience working with USAID, with a strong familiarity of USAID policies and procedures is highly favorable
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary, multicultural teams, manage complex programs, and ensure that project staff adhere to the highest standards of quality, relevance, and timeliness
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with and/or knowledge of the DRG center is preferred
- Fluency in English
- Eligibility to work in US
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Team Leader/Chief Of Party, DCHA GROW” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.