For an on-going tender for Ethiopia / Ormonia, Arsi Zone, GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced Team Leader / Chief Technical Advisor (f/m) with specialisation in technical vocational education and training with focus on agriculture.
The project, financed by GIZ, aims to break new systemic ground and provide innovative, expanded capacity for short-term training on new topics in the implementation of the Sustainable Use of Rehabilitated Lands and Economic Development (SURED) programme. In addition to the traditional colleges, other providers are also to be supported and integrated into the SURED programme.
Further details on the project will be shared with qualified experts.
Your Main Duties in this Position
- Overall responsibility for the consultant’s consulting packages
- Ensuring coherence and complementarity of the consultant’s services with other services of the programme at local and national level
- Design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of measures for capacity development of local partners in the context of large-scale government programmes
- Consideration of cross-cutting issues (e.g. gender equality)
- Staff management, in particular identification of the need for short-term assignments within the available budget as well as planning and controlling of assignments and support for local and international short-term specialists
- Ensuring impact monitoring
- Regular, relevant and on-schedule reporting
- Responsibility for controlling the use of the funds and financial planning in agreement with the person responsible for the project at GIZ
- Support of the person(s) responsible for the contract in updating and/or adapting the design of the project, in evaluations and in the preparation of a follow-up phase
Your Educational Background
- University degree (Diplom/Master) in agriculture, adult education, economic development
Your Expertise / Profile
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the agricultural sector
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in adult education
- At least 6 years of leadership experience as a team leader in projects or as a manager in a company
- At least 5 years of regional experience in projects in East Africa, of these at least 2 years in projects in Ethiopia
- More than 6 years of experience in development cooperation projects (preferably GIZ)
- Capacity development experience for large-volume regional programmes, proven training in CapacityWORKS
- Experience in financial management (budgets)
- Business fluent in English
Time Schedule / Duration of Assignment
The project is scheduled to start in autumn (fall) 2018 and will run for 25 project months.
The duration of your assignment in this role is set for the entire project period; the exact assignment times are subject to project needs.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV, copies of relevant diplomas and employers‘ certificates including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability to:
Quoting the Job ref. no.: ATVET-ETH/DEVEX-08.2018
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!
About the Organization
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. For over five centuries, GITEC-IGIP and IGIP characterise professional experience, activities on four continents, a multi-cultural team as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. In the framework of international development aid our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com