Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
USAID/Armenia will be hiring Banyan Global to conduct a Gender Analysis and Assessment to inform USAID/Armenia’s 2020-2025 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The current Armenia CDCS focuses on economic growth, health, and democracy and governance, with biodiversity as a cross-cutting theme.
The Team Leader will work with a research team, and collaborate with USAID/Armenia staff and partners, local academia, government institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to gather data for the Gender Analysis and Assessment. The consultant will travel to Armenia for 4-5 weeks to conduct the field work for the Gender Analysis and Assessment (likely to take place in early-to-mid-August 2018).
- Manage a team of Senior Gender Expert and National Gender Expert.
- Lead the preparation of an inception report, which will include a review of existing literature and resources, and the description of a methodology for the Gender Analysis and Assessment.
- Lead the preparation of a work plan that details the process for data collection, analysis and interpretation, the roles/tasks/levels of effort of team members, and a table of contents of the Gender Analysis and Assessment report.
- Lead the process of drafting all data collection instruments, in partnership with the Senior Gender Expert and National Gender Expert.
- Produce a populated index of the Gender Assessment Report.
- Travel to Armenia for 4-5 weeks and lead a team of national and international gender experts to conduct the Gender Analysis and Assessment.
- Lead in-country key informant interviews and focus groups for the Gender Analysis and Assessment in Armenia.
- Present preliminary findings for the Gender Analysis and Assessment to USAID/Armenia staff and partners.
- Lead the drafting of the final Gender Analysis and Assessment report, make revisions based on USAID and Banyan Global feedback, and submit the final Gender Assessment Report.
- At least ten years of experience in conducting gender analyses and assessments, including gender-based violence and biodiversity as cross-cutting themes.
- Master’s degree in sociology, anthropology, economics, or another relevant social sciences field.
- Familiarity with public policies, strategies and legal frameworks addressing gender and social inclusion gaps, gender-based violence, disability, and the gender agendas and programs of the main development agencies in Armenia.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and clearly with USAID staff and partners and national organizations.
- Experience in the drafting and implementation of qualitative research instruments.
- Superior speaking and writing skills in English are required.
No phone calls please. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices in Washington, DC and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).