Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
USAID/El Salvador will be hiring Banyan Global to conduct a Gender Analysis and Assessment to inform USAID/El Salvador’s 2019-2024 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The CDCS will broadly align with the U.S. Strategy for Central America goals of promoting prosperity, enhancing security, and improving governance. It will focus on security and governance, (agricultural and non-agricultural) economic growth, and education.
The Senior Gender Specialist consultant will work with the team and USAID/El Salvador, local academia, think tanks, government institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to carry out the Gender Analysis and Assessment. The consultant will travel to El Salvador for 4-5 weeks to conduct the field work for the Gender Analysis and Assessment (likely to take place in early-to-mid-October/November 2018).
- Manage a team of Senior Gender Expert and National Gender Expert.
- Lead the preparation of an inception report, which would include a review of existing literature and resources, and methodology for the Gender Analysis and Assessment.
- Lead the preparation of a work plan that includes: a plan for the collection, analysis and interpretation of data; draft data collection instruments; and the table of contents of the gender analysis and assessment report.
- Produce a populated index of the Gender Assessment Report.
- Travel to El Salvador for 4-5 weeks and lead a team of national and international gender experts to conduct the Gender Analysis and Assessment.
- Lead in-country key informant interviews and focus groups for the Gender Analysis and Assessment in El Salvador.
- Present preliminary findings of the Gender Analysis and Assessment to USAID/El Salvador staff and partners.
- Lead the drafting of the final Gender Analysis and Assessment report, make revisions to the draft based on USAID and Banyan Global feedback, and submit the Final Gender Assessment Report.
- At least ten years of experience in gender analysis and assessment, including gender-based violence.
- Master’s degree in sociology, anthropology, economics, or relevant social sciences field.
- Familiarity with public policies, strategies and legal frameworks addressing gender and social inclusion gaps, gender-based violence, indigenous peoples, and disability, as well as with the gender agendas and programs of the main development agencies in El Salvador or other neighboring Central American Countries, particularly of USAID.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and clearly with USAID staff and partners.
- Experience in the drafting and implementation of qualitative research instruments.
- Superior speaking and writing skills in Spanish and English required.
No phone calls please. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices in Washington, DC and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).