Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
USAID/Ghana will be hiring Banyan Global to conduct a Gender Analysis and Assessment to inform USAID/Ghana’s 2020-2025 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The CDCS focuses on health, education, economic growth, and democracy, rights and governance.
The Senior Gender Specialist consultant will work with the team and USAID/Ghana, local academia, think tanks, government institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to carry out the Gender Analysis and Assessment, which will have a specific focus on women’s empowerment. The consultant will travel to Ghana for 4-5 weeks to conduct the field work for the Gender Analysis and Assessment (likely to take place in early-to-mid-October/November 2018).
- Manage a team of a Senior Gender Expert and National Gender Expert.
- Lead the preparation of an Inception Report that includes a review of existing literature and resources (in line with sectors mentioned above) and the detailed methodology.
- Lead the preparation of a work plan, which includes the methodology for data collection, analysis and interpretation, for the Analysis and Assessment.
- Lead the process of drafting all data collection instruments, in partnership with the Senior Gender Expert and National Gender Expert.
- Produce a populated index of the Gender Assessment report.
- Travel to Ghana for 4-5 weeks and lead a team of domestic and international gender experts to conduct the Gender Analysis and Assessment.
- Lead in-country key informant interviews and focus groups for the Gender Analysis and Assessment in Ghana.
- Present preliminary findings for the Gender Analysis and Assessment to USAID/Ghana staff and partners.
- Lead the drafting of the final Gender Analysis and Assessment report, make revisions to the draft based on USAID and Banyan Global feedback, and submit the Final Gender Assessment report.
- At least ten years of experience in conducting gender analyses and assessments, including gender-based violence as a cross-cutting theme.
- Specialized knowledge of women’s empowerment – including key measures and indicators across multiple sectors (such as the USAID Feed the Future Women’s Empowerment in Agricultural Index, Gender Integration Framework).
- Master’s degree in sociology, anthropology, economics, or another relevant social sciences field.
- Familiarity with public policies, strategies and legal frameworks addressing gender and social inclusion gaps, gender-based violence, and disability, as well as with gender agendas and programs of the main development agencies in Ghana.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and clearly with USAID staff and partners.
- Experience in the drafting and implementation of qualitative research instruments.
- Superior speaking and writing skills in English are required.
No phone calls please. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices in Washington, DC and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).