Team Leader - Cote d’Ivoire - Abidjan Transport Project
IMC Worldwide requires a Team Leader candidate for an upcoming project in Cote d’Ivoire to provide design, assessment and planning services to the transportation sector in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
The objective of the Abidjan Transport Project (ATP) is to help improve the movement of goods and people in and around Abidjan. This includes activities such as: (1) pavement milling and resurfacing of about 120 lane-km of main boulevards/expressways in Abidjan (city), (2) traffic engineering and transportation planning studies to estimate traffic flows on all major arterials of the city of Abidjan and make recommendations for transport modality integration, (3) assessment of accidents and geometric redesign to alleviate congestion and improve security on the 120 lane-km sections, and (4) new traffic lights and synchronization on 10 intersections on Valéry Giscard d’Estaing boulevard.
We are seeking to identify a suitably qualified individual to successfully lead and deliver this large, Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) funded programme. This full-time, in-country role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to guide the strategic vision, shape and overall delivery of this ambitious programme. The period of implementation of the programme is 18 months and the likely date of commencement is August 2018.
- A Master’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering with at least 20 years of relevant experience in comparable road, overpass and traffic engineering works in an urban environment;
- Extensive knowledge of international best practices in road planning, engineering, economics, institutional assessment, contract procedures and project follow-up;
- A proven track record of successfully managing and coordinating as Team Leader a diverse group of professionals in accomplishing studies or projects of similar nature and complexity;
- Experience of working on urban transportation engineering projects that involved the use of roll-compacted concrete;
- Experience on similar projects relating to urban engineering, dealing with road and/or utilities design and/or rehabilitation; more than ten years of working on similar programmes and in contexts similar to Cote d’Ivoire;
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships with high level government officials, civil society organisations and donors;
- Strong monitoring and evaluation and reporting skills with the ability to oversee the measurement and communication of robust results and impact with demonstrable experience of taking and developing an adaptive approach to programme management;
- Demonstrated ability to work with partner organisations and national and local government stakeholders to achieve results;
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams that include social scientists, gender and environmental personnel, engineers and geologists;
- Ability to make presentations to senior government Executives and provide training in technical and managerial areas.
- Experience and familiarity with MCC programming and priorities (ideally as a Team Leader on multi-year, high value programmes);
- Experience in working in Francophone countries in West Africa;
- French language skills.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please submit your CV for consideration to email@example.com with Team Leader – Abidjan Transport Project in the subject line. Please include details of your current and upcoming availability and an indication of your anticipated fee rate.
About the Organization
IMC Worldwide is currently working in more than 20 countries across Africa; South, South East and Central Asia; Eastern Europe; the Middle East; and the Caribbean, delivering specialist consulting services to central governments, donor organisations and private sector corporations in developing and transitional countries, in particular in relation to development, management and infrastructure. We work across a diverse range of sectors and disciplines bringing over 50 years' experience of working with government agencies, local authorities and with communities themselves to help address some of the most difficult development problems and barriers to poverty reduction. We work with all of the major international development agencies throughout the world including DFID, EU, EIB, EBRD, World Bank and ADB and are looking to expand our client base in the private sector and with Foundations.
Though our background is in the transport sector we provide a full range of professional consulting services including:
- Inclusive Growth.
- Disaster Preparedness and Reconstruction
- Organisational Change
- Economics and private sector development
- Project and Programme Management
- Environment, energy and climate change
- Resource centres and frameworks
- Governance and anti-corruption
- Road safety
- Infrastructure and engineering
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Transport sector policy and planning