Job Title Team Leader - Delivering for the citizens of Zambia
Location Lusaka - Zambia
About the project
The key idea behind the project is to identify issues through research and opinion polls that matter and would make a meaningful difference to citizens (especially the poor), aiming to influence politicians to address these salient issues. The project is still being finalised, but is expected to focus on three key areas:
- Action research on elites’ (and wider societal) attitudes to poverty and fairness, political economy of selected pro-poor policies, and on issues the shape citizens’ voting decisions and parties’ electoral strategies;
- Relationship brokering to get issues in the political discourse and make them politically acceptable, while also helping politicians to influence bureaucrats;
- Strategic communications.
About the role
The Team Leader for this four-year project will be responsible for the provision of high-level technical expertise, client and team management to achieve the programme’s objectives. This is a high-level position of responsibility, leading a team and collaborating with multiple stakeholders in Zambia and the UK. You’ll be working between government and civil society, leading from the front on a project aiming to make real impact for Zambian citizens. You will be based in Zambia but should envisage occasional travel to the UK to liaise with ICF and DFID in London.
- Preferably more than 15, but a minimum 10 years’ experience working as an expert in the fields of Public Sector Accountability, Civil Society, Public Reform etc.
- Minimum 5 years full-time, proven postgraduate experience leading teams in the public or private sector or in public-funded projects of similar size and duration as Team Leader.
- Proven track record working of working on donor-funded development projects, including Department for International Development (DFID) projects, and with relevant stakeholders in sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Zambia.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Fluency in English is a must.
About the Organization
ICF (www.icf.com) is a consultancy firm with offices in the UK, Belgium, US and worldwide. At ICF, we help governments, public agencies and international institutions solve complex problems and improve the quality of life of people around the world. We offer critical insight and rigorous analytical techniques to deliver innovative solutions and thought-provoking analyses for our clients.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigour to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to assist our clients and benefit their constituencies. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.