Job DescriptionThe International Education Division•is currently accepting applications for Team Leader candidates for an anticipated, DFID-funded education-sector programme in Asia.
The role of the Team Leader will be to provide overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise, and serve as the primary liaison with the donor on management and technical matters. S/he will maintain excellent working relationships with the client and ensure their agreement with the project’s strategy, plans, and resource requirements. S/he will also be responsible for overall project performance, management, and execution and ensure quality and timeliness of project deliverables within budget and compliance parameters. The Team Leader will take a leadership role in coordination with the donor and key stakeholders, including the host country Ministry of Education and other implementing organizations.
- Manage technical and administrative personnel and subcontractors in the implementation of a large, complex education development project.
- Ensure that all activities meet or exceed project requirements, including cost, schedule and quality parameters.
- Serve as primary liaison with the donor on management, technical and strategic aspects of projects to maximize efficiency and impact, minimize costs and achieve sustainable results.
- Lead the coordination of project activities with a diverse group of stakeholders and beneficiaries, including ministries of education, regional and/or local education offices, school administrators and managers, teachers, civil society, and other program partners.
- Ensure internal integration of project activities through 1) an annual work plan and budgeting process, 2) creating/maintaining an effective project management team, 3) overseeing an effective monitoring and evaluation system.
- Provide leadership and oversight for areas such as finance, operations, human resources, reporting, and communications.
- Develop and implement practices to ensure a high level of staff morale and retention.
- Lead the preparation of all project progress reports with an emphasis on strong analytical content.• Provide briefings to funding donor as requested.
- Postgraduate degree in education or a related field from an accredited university.
- 10-15 years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working on large donor-funded education projects.
- Previous experience successfully working as a Team Leader/ Project Director on DFID-funded education sector projects is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in relevant technical fields such as primary education, education systems strengthening, education assessment, education management and leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in project design, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation, education reform and institutional capacity development.
- Prior experience working in developing countries in Asia.
- Must be diplomatic and politically savvy, as s/he will interact with host country government institutions and senior-level officials.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver project outcomes within agreed timelines.
- Excellent representational and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability.
- Fluency in English is required.
About the OrganizationIDG International Education