Team Leader, DOS Evaluation of the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Program
The US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) seeks evaluation services for an independent evaluation of ECA’s Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Program. In 2019, the AWE was established to provide women entrepreneurs across 24 countries in Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa with the skills, resources, and networks needed to start and scale successful businesses. Using an online platform Dream Builder, in partnership with Arizona State University’s Thunderbird School of Global Management and Freeport-McMoRan, the program’s core curriculum provides women with fundamental business skills including how to create business plans and raise capital, supplemented with localized content as well as networking and mentorship opportunities.
The purpose of this evaluation is to determine how successful AWE is in meeting program aims. This evaluation will assess the impact of AWE on program alumnae and their businesses, determine if and how AWE furthers networks between participants and other ECA alumni, and identify best practices and lessons learned for future cohorts of the program. This evaluation will cover alumnae from the 2019 cohort, totaling more than 2,000 alumnae across select countries in Latin America, the Caribbean, and Africa.
The estimated period of performance for this evaluation activity is August 2020 through February 2021.
SI is seeking a Team Leader to lead this evaluation effort, oversee the evaluation team members, serve as the primary point of contact with DOS and participate in the design and methodology of the evaluation. The position may require travel to select countries, depending on concentrations of Alumnae and the feasibility of travel between countries. This candidate is expected to be available throughout the 7-month period of performance.
- Provide leadership for the team throughout the evaluation.
- Finalize the evaluation design
- Coordinate and oversee data collection activities, including use of key informant interviews, focus group discussions, and online quantitative surveys.
- Consolidate individual input from team members.
- Coordinate the process of assembling the findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the key evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Oversee the development of the final evaluation report, executive summary, and infographic brochure.
- Minimum of a doctorate with eight (8) years of experience, master’s degree with ten (10) years of experience or bachelor’s degree with fifteen (15) years of experience.
- Prior evaluation and/or assessment experience required.
- Previously served as a team leader in the past, preferably with a USG agency and ideally with women’s economic empowerment programs.
- Comfortable with collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data with research design expertise
- Comfortable with conducting remote and in-person data collection.
- Familiarity with entrepreneurship and women’s economic empowerment programs.
- Excellent organizational, team management, communications, and client relationship building skills.
- Relevant prior experience in any of the three regions the program operates in (i.e., Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean).
- Professional Proficiency in written and oral English is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.