The Team Leader will have excellent knowledge of the field of Education Reform, in particular in accession processes, as well as of the financial instruments available through the EU for support of reform processes, The Team Leader will also be responsible for administrative and financial aspects of the contract. The Team Leader will provide guidance to all non-key experts in performance of their duties, and have a decisive role in ensuring efficient mobilization and use of human resources, smooth daily operation and crisis management.
The Team Leader will be an education expert, and will have expertise in monitoring and evaluation of education policies and will provide guidance in setting the relevant monitoring too1s for the purpose of executing the project tasks.
The Team Leader should be able to work under pressure and against tight deadlines in quickly changing information environment. When required s/he will be expected to perform his/her duties during weekend s and public holidays, as well as travel within Serbia.
The Team Leader will ensure discretion and trust in relations with the Contracting Authority and the Beneficiary.
Number of working days for period of 30 months is 250, or indicatively 100 per year.
The team leader should have the following:
Qualifications and skills
- A bachelor’s degree (where a university degree has been awarded on completion of three years study in a university or’ equivalent institution) in social sciences. A Master/Phd in a field of education is an advantage.
General professional experience
- A minimum of 8 (eight), preferably 12 (twelve) years of postgraduate professional experience in the formulation, elaboration, management and/or monitoring of education policies at the national, regional or local level.
Specific professional experience
- Experience of team leading in at least 1 (one), preferably 2 (two) EU-funded projects totalling at least 0.5 million EUR each,
- Experience in at least 2 (two), preferably three (3) projects as a monitoring and/or evaluation expert in the field of education,
- Experience in preparation, implementation, monitoring or evaluation of budget support operations in at least 1 (one) sector budget support project in the field of education is an advantage.
About the Organization
DEM is an independent private consultant company with activities around the globe.
The company implements planning, management and training projects for national and international financing agencies as well as private industry.
Its reputation for excellence and efficiency is built on twenty years of planning and implementing technical assistance projects in developing and transition economies.
DEM's international activities are directed from its head office in Madrid, Spain.