1. Investment Component to improve the physical infrastructure in the wastewater and water supply sector.
• Rehabilitation of existing wastewater treatment plants;
• Construction of new wastewater treatment plants and associated regional wastewater collection systems
• Expansion of existing wastewater collection systems if this enables the capacity utilization ratio of existing wastewater treatment plants to be improved, if necessary including house connections;
• Rehabilitation and expansion of existing drinking water treatment plants;
• Rehabilitation and restructuring of existing pipes and drinking water supply systems, if necessary including house connections.
2. Technical Assistance (TA) Component to strengthen the technical and financial capacities of the HCWW (Client) and the Affiliate Companies (ACs).
CDM Smith would support the Client in planning, tendering the investment projects and ensuring the quality of their IWSP II investment projects. We will also support the Programme Implementation Units (PIUs) in executing all program management activities for which they are responsible such as technical and financial program management and supervision, technical and financial reporting. Furthermore, we will also support capacity building in the Clients in order to improve their operational and financial efficiency
The Consultant’s main tasks comprise:
Work Package 1:
a) Assess the current situation in the Clients and prepare detailed work planning;
b) Support the implementation and operation of the Client’s “Programme Implementation Units” (PIUs);
c) Monitor and report on the Clients performance (implementation, performance, log-frame indicators, etc;
d) Improve the Clients business planning, budgeting and controlling systems;
e) Improve the Clients performance measuring system;
f) Enhance the Clients operational and financial efficiency;
g) Improve the Client’s public relations and public communication;
h) Prepare quarterly reports for the clients
Work package 2:
a) Prepare preliminary and detailed designs, ESIAs and cost estimates for the selected investment projects;
b) Carry out procurement of works, goods and services (tendering, assignment of works contracts, assignment of local supervision consultants if the Consultant does not supervise the construction himself);
c) Supervise the local supervision consultants or carry out the construction supervision;
d) Authorize payments for contractors and consultants;
e) Support and control the defects liability period after physical implementation;
f) Impose occupational health and safety standards on the construction sites;
The estimated duration of the consultant’s services is 4 years plus two optional years.
• Fluency in English required.
• Arabic knowledge preferred.
Amount of Travel:
• Presence on site required during project.
• Fluency in English required;
• 15 years’ professional working experience in water and wastewater engineering;
• 10 years of international work experience;
• 8-10 years of experience in construction supervision for projects involving water and wastewater structures (plants & networks);
• 8-10 years (and FIDIC) experience should be with FIDIC works contracts;
• Regional/Country experience, including willingness to live and work in remote locations (Upper Egypt).
• Degree in civil engineer or similar (Master’s degree would be preferable).
• Experience as Client’s Representative and claims management would be preferred.
About the Organization
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.