Project title: Business support to the EU-India policy dialogues
The overall objective of the is to strengthen the positioning of the EU as a credible partner of India in priority sectors, and to contribute to an increased and diversified presence of EU companies in the Indian market by enriching EU-India policy dialogues.
The purpose of this contract is:
- to provide a horizontal business cooperation facility to feed the ongoing and potential EU-India policy dialogues in the areas of environment, energy, climate, ICT, mobility, urbanisation, etc. in order to meet the growing Indian demand for knowledge and innovative technologies while simultaneously facilitating the export and transfer of advanced EU technologies, standards and business best practices;
- to enable EU-wide advocacy efforts by EU Member States, EU business organisations and businesses, to remove trade barriers and identify regulatory and economic trends with a particular focus on the needs of EU SMEs.
The expected results are as follows:
- European technical and business solutions relevant to the targeted policy dialogues identified;
- Enhanced dissemination of information regarding innovative European technical solutions and business opportunities in India in the areas of targeted policy dialogues;
- Provision of European technical solutions to the targeted policy dialogues facilitated;
- Enhanced EU-wide advocacy (including regulatory aspects) related to the targeted policy dialogues.
Commencement date of the project: November 2018 (36 months)
Duration of the assignment: 660 full working days
Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum Master Degree or equivalent in Economics, International Economics, Business, Engineering, or equivalent discipline (e.g Social Sciences); OR Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years of full-time proven relevant professional experience additional to the requested general professional experience;
- Excellent speaking, drafting and editing skills in English;
- Fluency in Hindi is considered an asset.
General professional experience:
- Minimum ten (10) years of post-graduate professional experience relevant in the field of trade, business, or international economics.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum three (3) years full-time relevant working experience on international trade relations, trade promotion, economic relations, business promotion, analysis of market access barriers, conceptualization of business/trade-related events, capacity building of trade/business-related entities;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in policy dialogue or technical cooperation with national or local authorities, of which at least one (1) year in India;
- Preferably two (2) working experiences each of at least 6 months related to promotion of one or more of the following fields: EU trade interests, innovative EU technological solutions, EU standards, EU research and innovation, EU business best-practices in key sectors.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org