CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
In support of USAID/Nepal’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity, implemented by CAMRIS, we seek a Team Leader for the upcoming Midterm Performance Evaluation of USAID/Nepal’s Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. The purpose of this midterm performance evaluation is to better understand the extent to which aspects of the GHSC-PSM/Nepal Results Framework still hold, determine whether the project is on track to meeting its stated objectives and results, and the project’s capacity to provide quality technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and Population (MOHP) in achieving the national supply chain objectives. This evaluation also will assess USAID/Nepal’s management processes in advancing the project objectives. The findings from the evaluation will be used to strengthen current activities through the identification of course-correcting actions to ensure the project will meet its objectives, develop recommendations for future activities, and provide recommendations to the Government of Nepal and External Development partners in Nepal with evidence of good supply chain management practices.
* Serve as the primary investigator of the mid-term evaluation, providing oversight to the evaluation throughout the entire evaluation process.
* Work with USAID and GHSC-PSM management to plan evaluation and logistics.
* Work with the evaluation team to allocate evaluation responsibilities based on their skills and capacity.
* Support the evaluation team members to ensure that all team members fulfill obligations, communications, and deliverables in a timely manner.
* Manage the evaluation team’s activities and organize and facilitate team interaction.
* Serve as liaison between USAID and the evaluation team.
* Lead interpretation of findings and both oral and written presentations of findings.
The team leader must be a senior level professional with at least ten years of experience, preferably involved in similar assignments. The team leader must have a master’s degree in public health, medicine, business administration, health sciences, pharmacy or equivalent. S/he must have successful experience showing competency to supervise other technical experts and to produce a high-quality report.
Additional qualifications include:
* Strong research and analytical skills.
* Strong knowledge of procurement and supply chain system.
* Prior experience as the team leader of similar assignment.
* Strong team management and supervisory skills.
* Demonstrated lead writer with strong technical English writing skills.
* Experience working with a range of government officials, donors, local NGOs, academia.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in public health, with at least 5 years of experience in designing, implementing, managing, monitoring, and evaluating health programs.
* Strong evaluation, organizational, and management skills, with a minimum of 5 years of experience with evaluation tools and methods.
* Prior experience in leading evaluation teams; excellent skills in planning, facilitation, and consensus building.
* Good familiarity with Nepal’s public health supply chain management.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience successfully interacting with host country government officials, and other stakeholders.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, with extensive report writing experience.
* Experience working in Nepal or the South Asia region preferred.
Location(s): Nepal - Kathmandu District - Kathmandu