Team Leader/Evaluation Specialist – Department of State Evaluation of Middle East Partnership Initiative Programming
Pillar Systems Inc. seeks to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Team Leader for an Evaluability Assessment (EA) and Subsequent Evaluation of DoS Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) Programming. The Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs’ Assistance Coordination Office (NEA/AC) oversees all MEPI-funded foreign assistance projects and seeks an independent evaluation to serve the following purposes:
- Understand, broadly, MEPI’s past achievements and lessons learned to incorporate into future program design and strategic planning efforts;
- Review, analyze, and evaluate the outcomes and any impact of the MEPI program; and
- Create a baseline to measure success against in future programming efforts.
This will primarily be a desk review.
Roles and Requirements
The Team Leader will be responsible for working with relevant stakeholders to define the SOW to align with DoS objectives, leading the design and implementation of evaluation activities, quality assurance, supervision of any technical staff, and leading the writing of the final evaluation report. The successful candidate will have experience utilizing mixed-method approaches to evaluations in the international context with the Department of State, USAID, or other donor agencies, ideally in the MENA region.
This is an immediate opening scheduled to start on September 27.
- At least 10 years of field experience in program evaluation.
- Experience utilizing qualitative analysis software packages.
- Graduate degree in social sciences, skilled in research design and quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Experience working with U.S. government foreign assistance agencies (preferably Department of State or USAID), implementing partners, provincial/local governments, and civil society.
- Proven leadership experience.