For an on-going tender, GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced Team Leader (f/m) with specialisation in Motorway & Tunnel Construction.
- COUNTRY / CITY: Bosnia & Herzegovina / Mostar with regular field visits
- PROJECT START: Planned for August 2018
- DURATION: 30 person-months
- DEADLINE: Latest by 31 July 2018
The project, funded by EIB, aims for construction of the priority sections of the motorway route of the Pan European Corridor through Bosnia and Herzegovina. The FIDIC conditions of contract for construction of building and engineering works will be used for the civil works contracts. The consulting services will comprise the supervision of works on the Corridor Vc, section Poprikuše-Zenica north (Donja Gračanica), subsection Ponirak – Vraca.
The specific objectives of the services are to assist the Project Implementation Unit with contract implementation, administration and supervision (including technical, legal, contractual, environmental and social aspects) to ensure that the program of works is efficiently and quickly implemented in compliance with contractual conditions and technical description as well as national and European laws applicable to the project. It will also help in producing detailed reporting to lenders and ensuring that institutional memory for the project is maintained.
Your Main Duties in this Position
- Lead all project activities including approval and monitor the contractor’s work program, equipment, staff and the source of materials etc.
- Manage the team to ensure that delivery (incl. technical outputs of the team) is achieved in accordance with client requirements
- Undertake services within a highway engineering environment which may include (but are not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision
- Manage contractual elements and authorise contractor payments in coordination with the headquarters
- Develop and maintain strong client working relationships
- Advise the client on all project matters including progress, claims from the contractor and make recommendations
- Take responsibility for technical excellence and innovation across the project team
- Work jointly with Project Managers to manage the resources within the team to optimise the resource and demand balance
- Project related reporting and budget control
Your Educational Background
Engineer with degree in Civil Engineering (M.Sc. preferred)
Your Expertise / Profile
- Minimum 5 years of experience in management or supervision of road construction projects involving tunnel construction, project management on behalf of employer, contract and claim management as well as supervision of works under conditions similar to those prevailing in the country of assignment
- Experience with similar projects in transition economies is desirable
- At leat 5 years of experience in a leading role in a similar service
- Proven experience with FIDIC conditions of contract
- Previous experience of working in Bosnia & Herzegovina would be highly beneficial
- Experience in administration of financial cooperation projects (management procedures, financial administration, reporting etc.), i.e. EIB, KfW, GIZ, World Bank etc.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required, knowledge of local language would be an asset
Time Schedule / Duration of Assignment
The project is scheduled to start by late August 2018 at the earliest and will run for 30 months.
The duration of your assignment in this role is set for the entire project period with phases of intermittent assignments; the exact times are subject to project needs.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV, copies of relevant diplomas and employers‘ certificates including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability
Quoting the Job ref. no.: CSM-BIH/DVX-06-2018
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!
About the Organization
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. For over five centuries, GITEC-IGIP and IGIP characterise professional experience, activities on four continents, a multi-cultural team as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. In the framework of international development aid our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com.