For a project in Kosovo (tender stage) we are currently searching for an Expert for the Position as Team Leader.
The project is about:
The two lignite fired units at Kosovo B TPP, B1 and B2, are designed for a nominal capacity of 315 MW each. These units are in operation since 1983 (B1) and 1984 (B2).
At present, the total available electrical power produced by Kosovo B TPP is limited to 290 MW each due to technical conditions characterized by:
- Reduced live steam pressure of around 150 bar instead of 176 bars (nominal one) in order to minimize the number of boiler outages due to tube leakages;
- Increased Furnace false air (around 45%);
- Increased air leakage (around 30 – 35%) at the Rotating Air Heaters (Ljungström);
- Steam turbine deterioration (around 8%);
- Condenser deterioration (around 20 – 25%).The Key Expert’s services are related to the supervision of the works at Kosovo B TPP with the aim to reducing the Dust and NOx emissions from both generation units B1 and B2 and to execute the necessary rehabilitation works
- The requirements for the Positoin are as follows:
- Key expert 1: Team Leader (Minimum of 600 working days in total from which minimum 530 workings days to be spend on site)
- The investment program at TPP Kosovo B considers a number of measures to overcome the above mentioned situation with the target to operate the units again at design conditions.
The team leader will be responsible for managing the whole project team, and for managing and overseeing the specific tasks.
Will have overall responsibility for the implementation of the project and will be the main contact point for the EU Office and for the project beneficiaries;
Will coordinate, supervise and assure quality with regards to short-term experts – should ensure that all experts provide high quality deliverables;
Will be responsible for the regular reporting and will attend meetings.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a university degree in the field of mechanical, or electrical, or civil engineering.
General professional experience
- Minimum (10) ten years preferably (15) fifteen years in the power plant industry (either operation or consulting engineering).
Specific professional experience:
- Experience of at least five years as a project manager in the power sector.
- Experience as a project manager or supervising engineer in at least two projects to control the flue gas emission in the power sector,
- Experience in at least one project for supervision of works implemented according to PRAG or FIDIC contract procedures would be considered as an advantage.
If you think you fullfill the requirements and are sufficiently experienced in this sector, country and region, we would appreciate receiving your CV / Application at your earliest convenience.
About the Organization
Sweco plans and designs the communities and cities of the future. Our work results in sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and access to electricity and clean water. With 14,500 employees in 15 countries, we offer our customers the right expertise for every situation. We carry out projects in 70 countries annually throughout the world. Sweco is Europe’s leading architecture and engineering consultancy, with sales of approximately EUR 1.7 billion. The company is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm AB.
Sweco – Your Reliable Partner
Sweco is one of the leading engineering consultants in Germany. For over 50 years, we have been a reliable partner in national and international projects, providing high-quality design and consultancy services in the three business lines Planning & Design, Transport & Mobility, Water & Energy. 800 experts in more than 30 local offices all over Germany are at your service.
We provide cost-effective and sustainable solutions for complex issues along all project phases. Our core competencies are advisory services, design, planning, management, supervision, and moderation of complex projects.