We are preparing a tender offer for financing strategies for human resource development and social health insurance in Sierra Leone.
The project (with start in November and duration of 14 months) aims at supporting the development of two health financing strategies in Sierra Leone (for pre- and in-service training and social health insurance). It comprises three work packages:
1.Social Health Insurance: There is a need for a complete evaluation of the existing mandatory health insurance scheme and its design and relook at its implementation plan and projection given the existence of other strategic purchasing mechanisms in Sierra Leone.
2.Health Workforce Financing: The knowledge base around funding flows in health facilities needs to be developed and timely payments and proper public financial management (PFM) systems are lacking.
3.Capacity Development: Capacity needs to be enhanced at various levels within the Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MoHS), National Social Security and Insurance Trust (NASSIT) and others in order to move the health financing strategy and agenda forward.
The team leader will be responsible for the overall project management and the implementation of activities and deliverables under service package 2 and 3. He/she will work in close collaboration with local stakeholders and supports the health financing strategy process. Key activities include:
- Designing and implementing a pilot study on sustainable workforce financing
- Providing technical support to quarterly budget oversight and public financial management at the central level
- Providing policy and strategy support
- Undertaking a capacity assessment
- Conducting workshops for capacity building.
Applicants should bring the following qualifications
- University degree in health economics or similar
- At least 15 years of working experience on health financing reforms
- Specific experience in public finance management
- Proven experience in managing projects
- Experience with GIZ-funded projects will be seen as a distinct advantage
- Regional experience in West Africa will be seen as an advantage
- Fluency in English
Please contact me with your CV for more details and also note that, due to time constraints, only interesting candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding. Ms Alvean Fentener at Fentener@gfa-group.de