Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. GBESH will be a management facility for the DFID/FCO/DIT Prosperity Fund to support in-country Skills for Prosperity programmes in Brazil, Egypt, Kenya, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Philippines and South Africa. It will provide project management, procurement, M&E and technical assistance support to programmes and will gather evidence and communicate impact.
Skills for Prosperity will contribute to achievement of UK and international commitments on Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This includes SDG 4, to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all, as well as contributing to specific SDG 4 targets to:
- Ensure equal access for all women and men to affordable and quality technical, vocational and tertiary education, including university
- Substantially increase the number of youth and adults who have relevant skills, including technical and vocational skills, for employment, decent jobs and entrepreneurship
- Eliminate gender disparities in education and ensure equal access to all levels of education and vocational training for the vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples and children in vulnerable situations
* Bring and/or develop and manage strong working relationships with the programme’s contact points at all levels of the Government and national agencies; DFID/FCO/DIT and other donor programmes; project partners and other stakeholders.
* Represent the programme both with client offices, and external audiences as needed, including with national and global communities of practice.
* Develop strong working relationships and a regular dialogue on programme progress and challenges with Palladium and the programme steering committee.
Strategy and Operational Planning
* Lead on the development of the Theory of Change and an adaptive approach to deliver the programme Outputs in cooperation and consultation with technical advisors, Project Director, DFID/FCO/DIT, project partners, the government and other key stakeholders.
* Maintain a strong working relationship with the Project Director and reach a consensus on GBESH’s overarching, as well as component specific, technical approach and direction.
* Lead with the Project Director in the preparation of work plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance improvement plans and other plans as required.
* Provide guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all project activities, outputs and deliverables.
* Assume overall responsibility for the effective implementation of work plans to ensure delivery is on time, within budget, meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant.
* Monitor implementation progress; maintain up to date project logs and registers; work to resolve issues, manages and mitigates risks; and escalate material issues and risks as appropriate.
* Develop and implement plans for results measurement, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, value for money analysis and communication management.
* Ensure good staff management practices including staff planning, recruitment, on-boarding, appraisal and development.
Financial Management and Administration
* Ensure the project provides and demonstrates Value for Money.
* Assume responsibility for consistent implementation of company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines, Security Protocols and, where applicable, recommends modifications.
* Ensure the programme adheres to the budget and oversee budget variations and contract amendments.
* Relevant Academic qualification in a related field
* Extensive experience working on education and skills programmes and strong expertise in building and managing programmatic relationships with high level stakeholders
* Experience working with large donor (preferably DFID/FCO/DIT) funded programmes
* Strong expertise in leading complex programmes, including managing and mentoring senior members of staff
* A creative, lateral thinker willing and able to adapt and try different approaches
* Strong experience in managing complex teams