We are looking to recruit a team leader and a number of technical experts in order to support the upcoming Ghana Employment and Social Protection Programme. The overall objective of this project is to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MGCSP) in collaboration with the Local Government Service (LGS) to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the social protection system in Ghana at national and decentralized levels. The programme is expected to run for three years and will be funded by the European Commission.
The role will include overall responsibility the provision of technical assistance. The Expert will provide support and leadership in activities related to the establishment of effective coordination mechanisms between social protection programmes at national and decentralised level; support the creation of linkages between social protection and labour market interventions through technical assistance and capacity building; support capacity building of institutions active in social protection education and training; and support the development of effective and efficient management process at the MGCSP related to setting up M&E systems and the social protection targeting system. They will also support the development of a legal and regulatory framework for social protection and support the establishment of mechanisms to promote accountability.
- Masters level degree ( or equivalent) in social sciences – economics, politics, development studies, or other relevant fields;
- At least 10 years professional experience working the field of social protection in low or middle income countries.
- Experience as a Team Leader (ideally including on EU technical assistance projects) and/or Key Expert providing technical assistance, policy advice and capacity building in social protection. In particular experience in supporting the establishment of coordination mechanism and structures within the sector
- Experience leading large, complex, multi-component donor-funded projects in social protection
- Experience of participation in projects and programs in the field of decentralisation, local governance
- Experience in the design and implementation of programs aiming at supporting service delivery at decentralised levels
- Previous experience in Ghana and or other countries of West Africa would be an asset, as well as a good knowledge of institutional context
- Excellent communications (written and verbal), facilitation, team management and interpersonal skills, and experience dealing with high-level officials
About the Organization
Ecorys is an international company providing research, consultancy and management services. We specialise in economic, social and spatial development and aim to deliver real benefit to society through the work we do. We are one of the oldest research and consulting companies in Europe. In the summer of 2014 we proudly celebrated our 85th anniversary!
Ecorys has over fifty years of experience in working outside our European home markets – particularly in Africa, Asia and South-America. We advise governments, multinational organizations, NGOs and civil society groups, and private sector clients on a wide range of economic and social issues. Our work includes evidence-based research, technical assistance, training and education programs, monitoring and evaluation, project management and tailor-made advice.
More information on the company and the assignments it works on can be found on www.ecorys.com