The assignment entails conducting a Sub-National Public Expenditure Review in Health, 2018/19 in Ethiopia under a World Bank funded project. Specific tasks include:
- Assess the level, trends and composition of government health spending by source
- Assess the management of the revolving fund at lower levels of health facilities
- Assess effectiveness, efficiency and equity dimensions of the health sector spending
- Make an assessment and suggest ways of determining the level of per capita spending on health
- Propose short and long-term policy recommendations to improve utilization of public spending
- Make an assessment and propose mechanisms to improve quality of health expenditure data
- Contribute to capacity building at the MoH/HEFA team on sub-national PER data analysis
The Team Leader will lead all these activities, and will be supported by other experts in health financing, economics, PER, data analysis, field data collection, etc.
The Team leader should have a minimum of MSc/MA in economics/ development economics/health economics/related field. He/she should have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, especially in conducting analytical works in the areas of economic analysis such as public expenditure review, health sector financing, budgeting & expenditure analysis and other related issues. He/she should have proven experience of managing a team of experts and led similar assignments in the past.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
IPE Global Limited (IPE Global) is an international development consultancy group providing expert technical assistance in developing countries. The group partners with multilateral and bilateral agencies, governments, corporates and not-for-profit entities in anchoring development agenda for equitable development and sustainable growth.We align our solutions with Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to better engage with our Clients and other stakeholders, to optimise impacts, transforming the world for the better.
Headquartered in India with seven international offices in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Kenya, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines and United Kingdom, the group offers a range of integrated, innovative and high quality consulting services across several sectors and practices. With uncompromising focus on delivering positive impacts, we help international development sector clients address the challenges of complex socio-economic issues.
We draw our unparalleled management and consulting capabilities from our offices around the world. Each of our group company operates independently - Triple Line Consulting Limited (a UK based subsidiary), IPE Global (Africa) Limited (an Africa based subsidiary), Ajooni Impact Investment Advisors Private Limited and IPE Global Centre for Knowledge and Development (a section 8 company focusing on research and development consultancy).