Established in 1993, Tanager, an ACDI/VOCA affiliate, is an international nonprofit organization that brings people together at the table, on the ground, and across supply chains to co-create economic and social opportunities that change lives. Based in Washington, D.C., Tanager works with partners and ACDI/VOCA family of companies to expand market access and unlock the full potential of shared market opportunities that result in reliable supply chains, stable incomes, healthy families, and resilient communities.
Team Leader, India
Tanager, an ACDI/VOCA affiliate, is promptly seeking a Team Leader to be responsible for leadership and successful implementation of a donor-funded program focusing on improving the profitability and sustainability of farmer producer organizations. The Team Leader will execute a vision for establishing FPOs as a viable business model in India. The Team Leader will also ensure that all project activities are carried out in accordance with the donor contract and proposal, and in alignment with all donor and Tanager regulations and policies. The position is based in Odisha, India.
- Provide strategic leadership, day-to-day quality control of project activities, technical oversight, employee management, and the overall implementation of the program in accordance with the awarded contract and approved proposal
- Oversee the external partnership(s) and contract(s) with subaward partners responsible for supporting government agencies
- Review and ensure quality content – specifically, the quality of written annual programmatic reports outlining progress towards meeting activity deliverables and targets as well as any lessons learned, success stories, and upcoming external facing communications
- Provide technical leadership regarding the development of sustainable farmer producer organization models
- Lead the development, implementation, and monitoring & evaluation of appropriate training materials and modules for project staff and project beneficiaries on good agricultural practices (GAP), marketing, and farmer producer organization/company (FPO/FPC)
- Coordinate efforts to support Tanager’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) department in establishing an M&E system to track indicators on the program’s results framework further ensuring quality and timely data collection, interpretation, and reporting
- Establish and maintain linkages with community organizations, local agencies, and service provider(s)
- Cultivate relationships with government departments to coordinate project participants’ access to various government support schemes
- Build FPO/FPC capacity to provide better market access, services, and price realization for its members
- Master’s degree in economics, business administration, rural development, agriculture, or relevant technical field
- Minimum 8 years of relevant and progressive work in India, with at least 4 years in a supervisory role
- Demonstrated leadership of a gender balanced and ethnically inclusive professional environment
- Experience working with agricultural market systems, rural producers, farmers’ associations, agribusinesses, private sector agricultural production, marketing, or sales, and/or governments
- Demonstrated experience building organizational capacity of FPOs and government counterparts alike
- Knowledge of donor-funded project management is required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, diplomacy, and teamwork skills
- Fluency in English, written and oral, required
- Must be willing and able to travel to project sites as needed
Applicants from India strongly encouraged to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.